is this step also

Hi,

is this step also possible inside "Plesk" or do I have to make this changes on my server?

"Copy the generated code into your site specific .conf file usually located in a subdirectory under /etc/nginx/... or /usr/local/nginx/conf/...
Add the code above inside the server section in the file, right before the php location block. Looks something like:

location ~ \.php$ {

Reload NGINX."

Thanks

Lars

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lars,

I hope you're fine today!

"Plesk" is just a management tool for the server. I'd love to give you a straightforward answer to your question but I'm afraid there is not such response. My point is that it all depends on the server configuration and what your host allows you to do/configure/change and what not.

First thing that you need to be sure of is whether your site is actually powered by nginx or Apache (or e.g. Litespeed; beasicaly one of those listed in a drop-down list in Defender) webserver. Knowing that, you can be sure that what Defender has detected is right, thus what it suggests is the code to use.

That's important step but if you are not sure, it's better to ask the host about configuration. Some servers are using a bit more complex setup and that might not be properly detected so it's better to make sure.

Then, in most cases Defender should be able to add necessary codes automatically but if it can't and it asks you to do it manually then whether you can do it via Plesk or not is another thing. On some servers you might have an option in Plesk available to edit those configuration files but on some it might not be available.

There's a doc on configuration Apache and Nginx webservers via Plesk so you might find it helpful:
    https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/customer-guide/websites-and-domains/hosting-settings/web-server-settings/apache-and-nginx-settings.72320/

That being said, I've checked your site from outside and it does seem to respond an Nginx, indeed. In that case you would most likely need to add these codes manually to indicated files. However, if you don't have any option for this in Plesk you might need to either access the server via SSH as root (if that's a VPS or dedicated server) or you might need to get in touch with your host and ask them if they could do it for you (if it's some sort of "managed server" or a shared hosting account).

If you got any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.