Is this the right way to create a classified / member site?

Ok, I am trying to create a site where members of the site (which is free to join, but access required to see classifieds) can have the option of posting (classified) ads
for their product(s). I have been working with the membership and classified plugins and can't get them to work together smoothly. any suggestions or maybe another plugin that can do it all?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings todd_foster,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Not a problem and thank you for amending the original post with your more accurate description :slight_smile:

any suggestions or maybe another plugin that can do it all?

I do not understand within your description - why do you need the membership plugin?

It is my experienced opinion that too many folks try to put too many features on either a single WordPress install ~or~ lets say on the main site in a MultiSite becoming a "Jack of all trades and master of none."

When I am developing these types of sites ~or~ more accurately directly supervising the development of these types of sites i.e. classifieds, memberships etc. I use multi sites and the main site is used as the portal to all the sub sites within their relevant specialty which also will give SEO benefit having a keyword ~or~ words in the sub part of the sub domain. i.e. classifiedsads.yourdomain.com toddscookingclass.yourdomain.com.

And each sub domain specializes in what it does - a "master" of its respective sub area of the big picture.

Thanks for asking and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.