Is Update Notifications for Multi-Site?

Is this plugin really for multi-site? It seems to check the mu-plugins folder?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

The Update Notifications is in a bit of an overhaul at the moment and I'd recommend just leaving it out for the time being. We've got an update coming that'll really smooth things out here.

It's for any WordPress site multi-site or otherwise, the use of the mu-plugins folder can apply to any WordPress install as well.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Sorry, I think wires got crossed in my last response.

The mu-plugins folder stands for "Must Use" as in WordPress must use anything in this folder.

It is not specific to multi-site. All installations of WordPress can use this folder. It is not created by default and I think that's where the confusion comes in. It is necessary for many of our plugins here as WordPress will actually do the functions in this folder before it attempts to load any from the regular plugins folder.

Hope that clears it up a bit! If ya need anything else, let us know!

Thanks!

• Mark Morgan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I tried to install this on single site WordPress and I couldn't. I created the mu-plugins folder (it was not installed) and put the plugin in there, and go this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_site_admin() in /home/htmwlcl/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/update-notifications.php on line 417

Is there something I am missing here?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.