Is WPMU Dev Swagger Demo Site Downloadable?

Hello,

I'm not sure where to ask, but I believe this is the place. Is the theme of WPMU Dev Swagger Demo page (http://wpmudevswag.wp-ecommerce.org/) downloadable?

The innate theme of MarketPress isn't so good, and I have been looking around for theme alternatives. I found Swagger and realized it is by WPMU Dev also. I also found http://www.marketpressthemes.com.

Please advise

• Alexander

Hi @Liang,

Actually we didn't create that theme. It's called PixelPress and it's by WooThemes. We just used it when setting up the showcase.

We definitely know that we're lacking a bit on the theme side of things. But we're working on an amazing theme project to be released later this year. Can't give exact details or an ETA, but from what I've seen so far it's really incredible.

The stuff at http://www.marketpressthemes.com/ is pretty nice as well.

Best regards

• Liang

Hi Alexander and Jeff. Thank you so much for the feedback!

I have another question, Alexander. You stated that:

As for compatibility, we can't guarantee that it will work, but from what I can tell there aren't any modifications used on our swag site. It's using the MarketPress Icons style, so you can start by trying to enable that one.

Are you saying that there is an option right inside PixelPress that will make it compatible with MarketPress and display the shop's products on the front page?

From my past experiences testing and asking around, I find that there are a lot of WooThemes (just an example), but when I load them up, they never display the products page but instead the traditional blog roll because they can't seem to "find" the products created through MarketPress.

• Alexander

Hi @Liang,

I'm sorry no, I mean if you go to the presentation settings of MarketPress, you can switch it to use the "icons" theme. MarketPress has a few styles built in to handle common scenarios.

Just about any themes should still be able to show products somehow. MarketPress includes default templates for this. If it's not in the menu, try navigating to /store/products directly to see if it makes a difference.

We can't at all guarantee that any theme would work with MarketPress, but as we can clearly see that this one has been done before, I don't think this will be a problem.

If anything, you can setup custom templates for MarketPress within a theme to make sure it gets displayed how you like it. This does require a bit of coding, but I can tell you how to get the template created if you need help.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Liang

Hi Alexander,

Thank you so much for the support. I am still having a little trouble making the products show on the front page. I selected the Icons option in presentation.

Is there anything else I am supposed to do (on a typical WooTheme like PixelPress)? I see in presentation that MarketPress creates an URL page for Store URL Slugs under presentation, citing "This page will be created so you can change it's content and the order in which it appears in navigation menus if your theme supports it." However, when I select what page to display on my theme, I can't find the page that was created.

Is that what I am missing? My sole goal here is to have my products (created through MarketPress) displayed on a typical theme normally used by WooCommerce. Luckily, my friend bought PixelPress a while ago, but never used it so I am on his host using it right now. (This is just for demo and I will be purchasing a new copy if it turns out working.)

Are products suppose to show on most themes (especially PixelPress) immediately without any changing of codes? If that is true, perhaps something is wrong with my MarketPress plugin options... possibly?

Thanks Alexander again.

• Alexander

Try visiting:

yoursite.com/store/products

Let me know if your products appear on that page. It might be that the MarketPress menu items haven't been added to your menu, or that the theme prevented them from being adding. You can try deactivating MarketPress and reactivating it to have it try re-adding them.

If they're still not showing up, go to the "Presentation" tab of "Store settings" and look at the URLs setup at the bottom of that page. Change them if you like, then try visiting them directly. If they work, you can create links to these pages in your navigation menu.

Best regards

• Liang

Weird, I just downloaded SimpleMart and the products weren't displaying too. I went back to Presentation, and noticed that after I changed my URL slug to /market/, the URL domain.com/market/ goes to 404. However, /market/products/ works, and /market/products/productnamehere/ works too. Is this normal; would this be the cause?

I just deleted MarketPress and PixelPress/SimpleMart and reinstalled them. My settings are still the same though. Do I need to reinstall Wordpress and kill the database, or is that actually normal and supposed to happen?

I will be away for a while, but I will be back tomorrow and getting to the end of this! Thanks Alexander and all those in this thread!

• Alexander

Ok great! Glad you can see them now. You can just add links in your menu directly to those pages.

If you ever get 404s on links that you know are correct, rather than reinstalling the plugin/them, another thing you can do is reset your permalinks. Just go to "Settings -> Permalinks" and click save. The will clear the cached permalinks options Wordpress has setup and force it to recalculate them.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.