Is your Network Theme mobile ready?

Is the Network Theme formatted for viewing on tablets and smart phones? If not, are there plans to make it so, and when could someone expect to have that available? If there are no plans, what would one have to do to get that created?

Thanks!

• aristath

Hello there @Josh, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid that no, the Network theme is not responsive and mobile-ready.
    As far as I know there are no plans to make it responsive as there is a new theme framework planned that will make this theme obsolete.
    If you want to convert it to mobile-ready you will have to basically create a custom stylesheet for that using media queries, so that the elements of the theme can be adapted to the user's screen size.
    Here's an introduction to media queries: http://css-tricks.com/css-media-queries/

Alternatively you could hire an experienced WordPress developer to do that for you. You can do so by posting a new job listing here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Josh

Thanks @aristath!

When this new theme framework is released, do you know if there will be a theme equivalent to the Network Theme developed for this new framework?

Would the new theme be mobile-ready?

Are there any estimates as to when this would happen?

On a broad, high level what is the purpose of this new frame work?

If the Network Theme becomes obsolete, is it poor idea to continue using the theme, or invest time/money/effort into making it mobile ready?

I appreciate your guidance!

• aristath

When this new theme framework is released, do you know if there will be a theme equivalent to the Network Theme developed for this new framework?

I don't know that... The theme is still under development.

Would the new theme be mobile-ready?

Yes.

Are there any estimates as to when this would happen?

Unfortunately no, I don't have an ETA for this.

On a broad, high level what is the purpose of this new framework?

Drag-n-drop, flexible and completely customizable. :slight_smile:

If the Network Theme becomes obsolete, is it poor idea to continue using the theme, or invest time/money/effort into making it mobile ready?

Perhaps the use of the word "obsolete" was wrong.
    If you are happy with this theme, then it's certainly not a bad idea to continue using it!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

What is the best way to remain informed of the development progress for this new theme framework?
    Are there any automatic notifications I can register for, or discussion threads to monitor?

Unfortunately there's no thread to follow or something else... When it is released though you can be sure that a newsletter will be sent to all our members. :slight_smile:
    You can subscribe using the "Sign up for the WPMU DEV Newsletter!" form at the footer of this forum.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.