Issue after Update – Social Share Title and URL Default to Homepage, not post page.

I have a social share plugin installed that allows me to share posts with people on twitter and facebook, but ever since your new release came out when I go to share something the link title and url default to my site’s homepage,…. not to the post that I want to share.

Also when I go to facebook directly and use their share link, the same thing happens. I’m not sure if this is an issue with the theme, with the plugin, with wordpress, with buddypress or what. I didn’t know if you might be able to help.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

First thought is did you update the plugin also? With a new version of WordPress it may be you need a new version of the plugin.

Is it possible to get a ‘baseline’ test by you selecting Twenty Eleven and seeing what happens with that (or BuddyPress Default if using BuddyPress) – we understand this isn’t always possible?

• buddy_boy8403
    • Flash Drive

I can do that, but if it was a plugin issue then when I go to my facebook profile directly and add a link to my facebook news feed, it even doesn’t work there. Going to facebook directly still defaults to my home page url and title and meta description, not the actual post.

I will switch to 2011 theme and try it.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Is this still an issue for you?

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.