Issue problems in Upfront

Hi,

I have a few issues with the Issue theme:

1. my main menu (up top) doesn't show when I view the page but seems fine in Upfront
2. I'd like to change the icon in the footer from Twitter to Instagram but it doesn't seem like there is one in the preset list. How do I get one to match the others?
3. When I try to select images from my library when in Upfront, I can't seem to get to the next page of images. It seems stuck on the first page.

Thank you!

Sander

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Sander,

1. my main menu (up top) doesn't show when I view the page but seems fine in Upfront

Looks like we have bug here with Minification. I replicated this on my site - despite that colorbox script from marketpress is excluded from minification and combination - it is not being added at all to site. I disabled minification and it started to working (you can check now that menu is loading).
    I behaves the same on my site. I'm marking this as bug in Hummingbird and letting developers know.

2. I'd like to change the icon in the footer from Twitter to Instagram but it doesn't seem like there is one in the preset list. How do I get one to match the others?

Issue theme does not have icon for Instagram. You can prepare image of that icon and then in preset for that element change url to that new image in CSS code for .upfront_cta selector in:

background: url("//yoursiteurl.com/wp-content/themes/uf-issue/ui/sprite.png") no-repeat transparent;
    background-position: 0 0 ;

and change background position to 0 0 as this will be separate image.

3. When I try to select images from my library when in Upfront, I can't seem to get to the next page of images. It seems stuck on the first page.

This is also bug it will be fixed in next release of Upfront - but I've send message to devs if I can get earlier hot patch for you (Im waiting as they are not online now).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Sander Vanacker

Hi Kasia,

Thanks for the help. The menu is working great now. As for the instagram icon, I may replace it with an image as I'm not familiar with those steps. No problem, I've done it that way before.

Oh boy - a fix would be great for the images. Would you suggest I upload a new image every time I want to use one for my page(s) even though they may already be in the library?

Thank you,

Sander

• Nithin

Hi Sander Vanacker,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Oh boy - a fix would be great for the images. Would you suggest I upload a new image every time I want to use one for my page(s) even though they may already be in the library?

At the moment, if the images aren't visible in the 1st page, then I'm afraid then you'll have to upload a new image. This would be a temporary solution until a patch is issued, developers are aware of this, and will definitely keep you updated once we have a fix asap.

However, if you are looking for the full image path, you can find the already uploaded images in the Media > Library section. I hope this helps. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin