Issue Setting Up Dropbox Destination in Snapshot Plugin

Hey Guys,

I signed up as an Elite member today and installed the Snapshot plugin. The snapshots work fine when done manually and are backed up to a local directory, but I get the error below when I try to set up a Dropbox destination. It looks like an SSL issue but I'm not sure at all, so any help is appreciated.

Fatal error: Uncaught <table style="border: 1px" cellspacing="0"> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background: #ff9999"> <b>HTTP_OAuth_Exception</b>: Need OpenSSL support for https:// requests in <b>/XXXX/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/dropbox/includes/PEAR_Includes/HTTP/OAuth/Consumer.php</b> on line <b>257</b></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background-color: #aaaaaa; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Exception trace</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; width:20px; font-weight: bold;">#</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Function</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Location</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">0</td><td>HTTP_OAuth_Consumer_Request->send()</td><td>/XXXX/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/dropbox/includes/PEAR_Includes/HTTP/OAuth/Consumer.php:257</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">1</td><td>HTTP_OAuth_Consumer in /XXXX/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/dropbox/includes/PEAR_Includes/HTTP/OAuth/Consumer/Request.php on line 232

Thanks in advance,
Cian

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings CianLeonard,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with the Snapshot plugin but it is indeed an SSL issue as shown in this line of the error code:

Fatal error: Uncaught <table style="border: 1px" cellspacing="0"> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background: #ff9999"> <b>HTTP_OAuth_Exception</b>: Need OpenSSL support

And it appears that your host does not have or offer Open SSL it is why it is giving this error.

But to be absolutely sure, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us and confirm my suspicions.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Cian Leonard, Agreed you need OpenSSL on your hosting. Basically, the Dropbox APi library used by Snapshot is one recommended by Dropbox for connections to their servers.

The Dropbox library does some communications with the Dropbox server over SSL. So the Open SSL module of PHP needs to be installed.

You can probably setup a phpinfo file and view all that is currently setup in your server

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cian Leonard,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Cian Leonard
    • New Recruit

Hey Joe,

Apologies for not getting back on here sooner; my day job and other things have me pretty up the walls!

On the issue though, I have decided it is non-essential right now to update the server to use OpenSSL. I will probably do so at some stage in the near future, at a so-called 'right' time to update the server - as if there is actually a right time.

Thanks a million for your help though. Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Cian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.