Issue while Restoring managed backup

I want to restore my Managed Backup with was taken a few months ago. I’m trying to restore it manually via Installer script and Backup zip file. I get an error Snapshot failed to restore your website package in “Restoring tables” phase.

• swcrazyfan
    • New Recruit

So, I think I found out the issue. It was that 3 of the tables in the database, specifically that one which kept giving us an error, was incompatible with my sql server. I guess it’s called the “collation”. I changed that in the restored second server. Then, migrated that to the new one and BOOM!

Holy crap.

Have you ever seen that before?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there swcrazyfan

I’m glad that you were able to sort this out. Differences in the DB collation could be causing this, nice work narrowing this down. :slight_smile:

We also tested to restore your backup with the updated (still in beta) stand-alone snapshot installer and it seems that it worked well, so this difference in the DB collation seems to be handled there.

For future reference, I attach the beta version here (it’s already passed our QA and will be published the following week most probably).

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.