Issue with Appointment plus (dummy providers + 24 hour booking)

Hi,

Im working with Appointment Plus, for some reason the settings set in - Working hours do not reflect the front end display?
The capacity of available slots should be 6 for 90 min endurance and 10 for 60 min regular however when booking the appointments and refreshing the booking page it appears as unavailable. Additionally booking appointments should be bookable within 24 hours is currently appearing as un-available. these should be bookable up-to 30 mins before the session takes place. - see screenshot - http://expirebox.com/download/f7a184406196c0b10d14464b519d0248.html

Also need to ensure that when drop down 60 mins selected appointments are only avaialbe to book on Tue / Thurs / Sun
and when 90 min selected only bookable on Sat

there are two services
1) regular 60 mins (10 capacity - 1 main + 9 dummy providers)
2) endurance 90 mins (6 capacity - 1 main + 5 dummy providers )

in the settings i have ensured that the working hours are set as:
List for no specific provider - http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=f7b692a
Endurance bike 1 - http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=809f211
Regular bike 1 - http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=901a825

Result endurance 90 min - http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=0cf2dfd
Result regular 60 min - http://expirebox.com/download/f7a184406196c0b10d14464b519d0248.html

Support Access is open

(also if you can refrain from posting any info / screenshots related to site in reply's please)
image upload through - http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/upload/
and link through short url provider please.

Thanks
Tom

• Tom

Hi Jude,

When initially set this up i was told that the capacity would only work if i had the dummy service providers as well. (must have been in one of my earlier forum posts related to appointments - searching my own forum posts seems bit unresolved as yet on wpmudev ? or at least i cant search beyond page 5? )

(not sure why either would be much easier and make more sense for the increased capacity to just facilitate that) - but i was under the impression that thats how your plugin worked?

If that is not the case how can i set it so that

a) it shows two different class types 1 available on 3 days in the week at specific times and the other 1 day of the week at another specific time.

b) capacity changes depending on type of class

c) allows for booking including appointments within 24 hours of them occurring

thanks

Tom

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tom,

a) it shows two different class types 1 available on 3 days in the week at specific times and the other 1 day of the week at another specific time.

What's the desired schedule? And by, I mean, can you spell out the days & times in the week here?

b) capacity changes depending on type of class

Dummy service providers should help with this, but I'm kinda confused as to the desired schedule, having that answered would be helpful. :slight_smile:

c) allows for booking including appointments within 24 hours of them occurring

I'm seeing that "Appointments lower limit (hours)" is set to "0" inside of:

Appointments -> Settings -> General

Is there something that I'm missing?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Tom

hi @Michael Bissett,

Thanks for checking the post.
    i need the "60 min session" to be available on
    -Tuesday 8:10pm-9:10pm (10 slots available)
    -Thursday 7:30pm-8:30pm (10 slots available)
    -Sunday 9:30am-10:30am (10 slots available)

I need the "90 min session" to be available on
    - Saturday 9:40am- 11:10am (6 slots available)

also the booking within 24 hours does this mean there is no limit to booking of appointment?

can it be set to 0.5hrs (3o mins) ?

Thanks

Tom

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tom,

Looking over the situation, we'll need to make a few adjustments:

- First, we'll need to disable the working hours for the "No specific provider" option, as that's what's being used for bookings presently (which is why only one booking is possible per time slot right now).

- Then, we'll need to to place the [app_service_providers] onto the page, and have the service providers act as slots within the class. The reason for this, is because since the availability of a timeslot is based off of whether or not the provider is available to take the appointment, we'll need to allow users to select a provider first.

In this case, you'd want to place the shortcode onto the page, formatted like this:

[app_service_providers select="Please choose a slot in the class:"]

- Regarding this:

i need the "60 min session" to be available on
    -Tuesday 8:10pm-9:10pm (10 slots available)
    -Thursday 7:30pm-8:30pm (10 slots available)
    -Sunday 9:30am-10:30am (10 slots available)

I need the "90 min session" to be available on
    - Saturday 9:40am- 11:10am (6 slots available)

I noticed that you have your providers set up in reverse, in that there's 6 providers available for your 60 minute session, and that there's 10 providers available for the 90 minute session. You'll want to adjust the service providers accordingly.

also the booking within 24 hours does this mean there is no limit to booking of appointment?

can it be set to 0.5hrs (3o mins) ?

Setting "Appoointments lower limit (hours)" to 0.5 would mean that appointments can't be made 30 minutes before one of your provided timeslots, is this what you're wanting?

Or are you wanting users to have to wait 30 minutes after booking a timeslot before they can book another timeslot? In that case, you'd want to set "Minimum time to pass for new appointment (secs)" to 1800.

Let me know what you think of all of this please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Tom

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply,

i started applying the comments above, though im not sure what you mean by

- First, we'll need to disable the working hours for the "No specific provider" option, as that's what's being used for bookings presently (which is why only one booking is possible per time slot right now).

do you mean select endurance 90 min or regular 60 min as the main ? would that not give priority to one of those?

for

- Then, we'll need to to place the [app_service_providers] onto the page
    i have applied it like this for the auto-refresh
    [app_service_providers ... autorefresh="1" ... select="Please choose a slot in the class:"]

Could you also clarify the no preference from the drop down - does it auto-select one of the next available "slots" ? or if user picks a class under the "no Preference" will it not apply to bike 1..2...etc?

I updated the slots to 6 endurance and 10 regular

In regards to the booking time i meant that the booking of an appointment lets say on its available Tuesday at 8pm then Customer 1 wants to book it on Monday at 9pm or customer 2 wants to book it on Tuesday 7:29pm then they can book it but if a customer tries to book at 7:30-8pm on Tuesday for that particular slot then it becomes not bookable. - is that possible?

Thanks

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.