issue with classifieds plugin custom template

Hello
i am working on classifieds plugin
i am trying to create a custom template for classifieds page
acutally i have created custom template also but i am having issue in getting list of posts
its not showing classified post lists
i need to remove table structure from post lists
this is working if i directly change plugin template file
but i want to make change in theme folder.
is there any way to remove default table structure form my theme without making changes in plugin?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Eugene, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

First off, are you making these changes inside of a child theme? If not, then I'd advise creating one, so that your changes aren't lost in the future:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

Next, if you were to set WP_DEBUG to true inside of your wp-config.php file (you'd need to edit the file via FTP), are there any errors showing up on your page? If so, what are they?

Also, on this:

i need to remove table structure from post lists

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "table structure"? A pair of screenshots would help, one showing what it looks like right now, and one showing what you're looking for (when you try editing the core files).

Please advise,
    Michael

• Eugene

Hello Michael

Thanks for the reply. i am sending snapshot with comment. there is file in plugin
    /plugins/classifieds/ui-front/general/loop-taxonomy.php
    this file is showing table that i have sent you in snapshot i have created custom template inside my theme. this is custom theme so i have not created child theme. please let me know how i can modify loop-taxonomy.php file inside my theme.

Thanks & Regards
    Eugene

• Jude

Hey @Eugene

Simply create a file called loop-taxonomy.php in the active child themes directory and it should do the trick.

If it does not

1) Try doing this in a default theme like 2015
    2) Rename loop-taxonomy.php to loop-index.php and delete other loop-* files and try again.
    3) Simply create and edit a new query in your existing child theme's posts template like shown below

$cf = &$Classifieds_Core; 

query_posts( array(
    	'posts_per_page' => $cf->cf_ads_per_page,
    	'paged' => $cf_page,
    	'author_name' => get_query_var( 'cf_author_name' ),
    	'post_status' => 'publish',
    	'post_type' => 'classifieds',
    ) );

Hope that helps

Jude

• Eugene

Thanks Jude

Yes after i copy loop-taxonomy.php file to my theme it is working thanks a lot but i have another similar issue i am also trying to modify http://dnsct.com/ctreia1/classifieds/add-classified/ this page i want to add my custom div and custom class i found template that is generating this page html

/plugin/classifieds/ui-front/general/page-update-classified.phps this is the file which is generating this form.

I followed same steps that you have mentioned above and added $cf = &$Classifieds_Core;
    and replaced all $this with $cf after doing this its showing my form but the problem is it is not showing my theme header and footer and jquery is not loading. its just showing plain form without any styling do you have any idea what wrong?

Thanks
    Eugene

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.