Issue with CoursePress editor and WordPress 4.9

CoursePress units editor Visual mode doesn't seem to play well with WordPress 4.9

  • teckyhead

    I have a similar issue. The coursepress units disappeared though it said '8 published'. Then I upgraded Coursepress from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3. The units re-appeared but none of the modules were editable. The tabs were there but clicking them did nothing. Then when I went out of the course units page and back in the units disappeared again.

    I have to say that this plugin, over the past year or two has caused me more stress, more hair pulling and cost me way more time than any other plugin. It seems like it's a ticking time bomb - almost every update brings some major problem.


  • teckyhead

    I had a further look at this today as we're supposed to be launching on December 1. What I'm finding is that the unit tabs will sometimes display (on the left hand side of the unit editor) but even when I can get them showing, the modules aren't coming up. It just shows the whirly loading image and says it is loading modules.

    When looking at what's going on from the network side of things, it seems that whenever it tries to load admin-ajax.php it gets a 404 - yet other plugins load it fine. Chrome just reported a 404 error but Safari went a little further and said it was an access control issue causing the 404. This isn't an uncommon problem apparently and mostly relates to trying to call admin-ajax.php via http from a https URL. This isn't the case for us though - we're running a https site and all the admin-ajax.php calls are via https.

    I did notice a difference in the headers though. Every other plugin and Wordpress itself is adding some access control headers when calling admin-ajax.php. Coursepress doesn't seem to be doing that though. I've attached images showing the differences in the headers when Coursepress and other plugins are calling admin-ajax.php


  • Huberson

    teckyhead, thanks for the additional information. I had the same previous issue after updating to WordPress 4.9 on some test sites, however I'm not experiencing that new issue were units can't be edited.
    I'm not 100% sure if your issue is exactly the same but you can provide us access to the site in question and we will perform some troubleshooting there.
    You can send us the following access info via our contact form:

    Subject: "Attn: Huberson Dorvilus"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)

    -link back to this thread for reference

    -any other relevant urls

    If it's not the exact same issue you'll have to open a separate thread so we can address it there to avoid any confusion.


Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.