Issue with forminator contact form & google map plugin

I've got a multisite at thedesig****.com & have an issue with a subsite at kalutrainingandco*****y.co.uk/contact-kalu/

There should be a forminator form but it has display: none set in the inline css. This was fixed adding a bit of CSS.

But once I submit the form, it displays a 500 error. This was saved in the debug.log:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Forminator_CForm_View_Page' not found in /wp-content/plugins/forminator/library/helpers/helper-fields.php on line 400

Also on that page there should be a google map but it doesn't show it. no JS errors.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Barnaby

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked the site but the issue seems to be quite "tricky" here. I've consulted it with one of our developers and we'll need to let developers investigate it. It's already reported to them so keep an eye on this thread for further information.

Please note: it might take them a bit more time to investigate the case and respond than it takes us here on forum so I'd appreciate some patience. We'll update this ticket as soon as we get to know more about what's causing this and how to fix it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Barnaby

Hi Adam,
    I needed to get this page back up & running so I have re-installed contact form 7 & did a google map iframe as a temporary measure.
    I’m happy for you guys to reinstall the short codes for forminator & google maps pro when you need to.
    One weird thing though, contact form 7 doesn’t work either now!
    This error is appearing in debug.log:
    [01-Apr-2018 16:34:52 UTC] PHP Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/thedesignsocial/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3729

• Barnaby

Hi Predrag, the map that’s currently showing on there is just an iframe from the “embed” link from a google maps search, it isn’t referring to the map that should appear from the google maps pro plugin.
    If you inspect the container div, you see that there should be a map below the iframe & it just isn’t showing.
    The contact form doesn’t work either, whether it’s a form from contact form 7 or from forminator.

• Barnaby

This is the error message from debug.log when the email form fails:
    [02-Apr-2018 09:43:35 UTC] PHP Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/thedesignsocial/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3729

I don’t know what it means & a google search doesn’t shed any light on it other than other people seem to be having a similar problem.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Barnaby,

I was doing some extensive testing and it seems that the issue is with your custom theme used.

With default WP theme the map works fine, and when I install your theme on my test site I can see the issue as well.

I saw that your theme is built on the Underscores theme and after checking the code I noticed that your footer.php file is missing this part near the end that calls WP's footer hook:
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>

When I add this to your theme on my test site the map shows fine, however when I try to add it on your site directly I get a notification that I don't have permissions to change that file.

So can you try doing this yourself, just go to wp-content/themes/kalu/ and edit footer.php and add above-mentioned code just above the body closing tab, like this:

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.