Issue with Free Subscription in Membership plugin

On our website, I am using Membership plugin to create two different types of users. I have two access levels and two subscription plans. But we don't charge any money for subscriptions. User need to be register and don't need to pay anything.

On the first page of the registration, it asks to choose a subscription. One the second page, it asks for user login details for the registration. On the third page, it logs in the user, shows the coupon code page (as shown in the attached image). But nothing changes after that. There is no way to complete the process of registration and subscription.

Here is the image: http://d.pr/i/jODw

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Debiprasad,

Take a look at "Membership -> Payment gateways" Do you have the "Free subscriptions" gateway enabled? This will create a "subscribe" button on that page. It will allow the user to get past that page if the price is 0.

If that's not it, try going to "Membership -> Options -> General Tab" Look at the "use subscription" dropdown. You should set this to "none" This settings is useful for free subscriptions, but only if you only have one subscription option. It means that subscription will be automatically given to users. Because you want your users to choose, you should not use this feature.

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Debiprasad,

Your screenshot is obstruction by the app switcher, so I can't tell, but I think I know what you mean.

Does it just say "Subscribe"? But in a PayPal style? If I recall, the free button looks similar to the PayPal one.

Are you able to get free subscriptions setup now?

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Debiprasad and @Rajiv,

This is certainly not how it should look. I've not seen this particular issue before, and will need to do some testing here.

Can you please let me know exactly which gateways are active?

Also, what version of the Membership plugin are you using? Are you updated to the latest one? (3.4.6.1)

Best regards,

• Debiprasad
    • Flash Drive

Hello Alexander,

Only one gateway is active and that is "Free subscriptions gateway".

There are two Access Levels and two Subscription Plans. Both the subscription plans have price set as $0.00.

Something interesting had happened. I clicked on the settings of Free subscriptions gateway and found that the URL for the image of the subscribe button. I saved it. Now it shows two buttons like this: http://d.pr/i/rhHw . It should not show two buttons there. One is sufficient. And both the buttons do the same thing, submits the form.

Now I am also not able to regenerate the issue like this: http://d.pr/i/h3B0

Yes, I am using the latest version of the plugin.

Thanks,
    Debiprasad

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Debiprasad,

I'm sorry for missing your last post. You should have one subscribe button for each active gateway. Can you double check to make sure you only have one gateway active?

If you're sure it's one, can you try disabling the gateway then checking the page. Let me know if you see a button with no gateways active. Next, reactivate it again to see if this makes a difference.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.