Issue with FRIENDS function in BuddyPress

When a user logs into our BuddyPress site they get access to a bunch of the BP features under the MyAccount menu. One of these is FRIENDS.

Here's my issue: when I log in using my test user and then click on FRIENDS the page that comes up -- below this header "My Friends » Recently Active" -- has this message:

Why not make friends with some of these members?

Presumably what would be displayed below that would be a random selection of members in the site. However, what we are seeing is a list where:

1. Each item is exactly the same: the currently logged in user.
2. The number of items in the list is the same as the number of users currently in the system (at this time there are five).

Here's the URL: clickingonline.com

In trying to run this down, it seems that when I click on FRIENDS the system is running this file: /themes/NameOfMyCustomTheme/friends/friends-loop.php.

That file is calling this function: bp_friends_random_members()

<h3><?php _e( 'Why not make friends with some of these members?', 'buddypress' ) ?></h3>
<?php bp_friends_random_members() ?>
<?php do_action( 'bp_after_random_members_list' ) ?>

I'm guessing that the problem is with this function, however, I'm not sure where in the code that function is located. And even if I could locate it, I'm not sure I have the skill to figure it out as I am not a PHP programmer.

Any suggestions would be welcome.