Issue with Google Calendar Sync Example 1: When I schedule

Issue with Google Calendar Sync
Example 1: When I schedule an appointment on my website for September 2, at 8:40-9:00 am it shows on the website with no issues. On the google calendar however it shows up on September 1 at 9:40-10:00 pm.

Anything added to the Google Calendar directly does not show on my website at all.

Test option on the bottom of the google calendar tab shows that the test is successful and the test appointment does show up.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Justin!

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Justin,

Thanks for granting us support staff access.

Could you please check that the Calendar Time Zone setting matches with time zone setting of your WordPress website. Otherwise there will be a time shift?

Please make sure you have implemented all the Google calender settings as shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hul60oJ1Eiw&feature=youtu.be and as described below.

Google Calendar API requires php V5.3+ and some php extensions. Click this link to check if your server installation meets those requirements: Check Requirements
    Go to Google apis console by clicking https://code.google.com/apis/console/. Login to your Google account if you are not already logged in.
    Create a new project using the left side pane. Name the project "Appointments" (or use your chosen name instead)
    Click "Services" from left side pane and set "Calendar API" as ON.
    Click "API Access" from left side pane.
    Click "Create an OAuth 2.0 Client ID" button.
    Enter a Product Name, e.g. A+, inside the opening pop-up. Click Next.
    Select "Service account" under Client ID Settings in the new pop-up.
    Click "create Client ID". Getting the result may take a few seconds.
    Click "Download private key" button in the opening pop-up.
    Using your FTP client program, copy this key file to folder: /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data03/52/2195552/html/wp-content/plugins/appointments//includes/gcal/key/ . This file is required as you will grant access to your Google Calendar account even if you are not online. So this file serves as a proof of your consent to access to your Google calendar account. Note: This file cannot be uploaded in any other way. If you do not have FTP access, ask the website admin to do it for you.
    Enter the name of the key file to "Key file name" setting of Appointments+. Exclude the extention .p12.
    Copy "Email address" setting of Google apis console and paste it to "Service account email address" setting of Appointments+.
    Open your Google Calendar by clicking this link: https://www.google.com/calendar/render
    Create a new Calendar by selecting "my Calendars > Create new calendar" on left side pane. Try NOT to use your primary calendar. If you have to, please see this post: Forum
    Give a name to the new calendar, e.g. Appointments test calendar. Check that Calendar Time Zone setting matches with time zone setting of your WordPress website. Otherwise there will be a time shift.
    Paste already copied "Email address" setting of Google apis console to "Person" field under "Share with specific person".
    Set "Permission Settings" of this person as "make changes to events".
    Click "Add Person".
    Click "Create Calendar".
    Select the created calendar and click "Calendar settings".
    Copy "Calendar ID" value on Calendar Address row.
    Paste this value to "Calendar to be used" field of Appointments+ settings.
    Select the desired Integration mode: A+->GCal or A+<->GCal.
    Click "Save Settings" on Appointments+ settings.
    After these stages, you have set up Google Calendar API. To test the connection, click the "Test Connection" link which should be visible after you clicked save settings button.
    If you get a success message, you should see a test event inserted to the Google Calendar and you are ready to go. If you get an error message, double check your settings.

Important Note: Google Calendar API for Appointments+ is in Beta stage, because as of February 2013, Google itself does not officially list Google Calendar in its supported "Service Accounts" which this plugin needs. However, we tested it on several websites and saw that it is working. There may be some restrictions by Google that we may not know. Use this option carefully and please give us feedback about the results.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.