Issue with Membership 2 WPML integration

WPML integration add-ons doesn't seem to work after activation. When clicking the language icon to edit notification subject and message, the language stays the same(as edited) even after switching language from WPML. See attachment.

And sometimes the subject is not saved with the new text.

• Ash

Hello Mathilde Oord

Yes, I can see the issue on your site. I have even tried switching off an on some settings but no luck.

The only thing I could not check if this is a conflict. Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except M2 and WPML and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Please let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Mathilde Oord

Hello Ash,

It's been quite difficult to find out the problem with WPML, so I have removed it from the site. And then I use Poedit the translate the plugins instead for now. Since publish date is soming soon and we are starting with one language, Norwegian, I must deal with the WPML issue later.

Another thing that has come up is how to have teasers (links, start of an article) open, and then if they want ro read more they have to be members. Are there any places in the pages/ articles / list over articles where just a little bit can show (so that visitors se what they can get if they are members). My client want to have all the article list open, and also when both mombers and not click in them they come to the article. And then it would be great if we could just have a couple of lines a sa teaser and then a button for nonmembers to click on "if you want to red more become a memer here". How can we do that?

Have a nice day!

Kindly regards, Mathilde

• James Morris

Hello Mathilde Oord

My client want to have all the article list open, and also when both mombers and not click in them they come to the article. And then it would be great if we could just have a couple of lines a sa teaser and then a button for nonmembers to click on "if you want to red more become a memer here". How can we do that?

You can do this using the protection shortcodes in Membership 2 Pro. Instead of protecting the entire post, you would leave the first paragraph open. Then, you would wrap the remaining content in the Protected Content shortcodes (found in WP Admin -> Membership 2 -> Memberships -> Shortcodes column of the table).

For example:

<h2>Public Teaser Content</h2>

This content is viewable to all. There are no protection rules applied here.

[ms-protect-content id="60"]
    <h2>Member's Only Content</h2>

This content will only be viewable once the user has registered to the appropriate membership and logged in.
    [/ms-protect-content]

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.