Issue with Membership Plugin

I am having a strange issue with the Membership plugin. I am unable to get it to allow me to slide the buttons (as shown in the image attached) to the "drop here" boxes. This is essential for use of the plugin. I am not sure what is going on here. I have stopped all other plugins and just allowed this one to run and I still had the issue.

Some of the options were easy to go in and set up through PHP Myadmin. I did that as a last ditch effort to make this work. Like I wrote on the image, I have tried it on mac and pc, three browsers each.

Any ideas here?

Thanks,

John

• Philip John

Hi John!

Thanks for providing all that info - that's really helpful!

It sounds as if there is something up with your WordPress installation - probably some missed or corrupted files in your install somewhere.

Check through the files in your WordPress installation, ensuring;
    - none are missing
    - none have a file size of "0 bytes"
    - they all have the correct permission
    - the owner/group of the files & folders are set correctly

It seems like some JavaScript or CSS rules are missing somewhere, preventing that fancy drag and drop interface from working it's magic. Once we find out what's missing we can get it fixed :slight_smile:

Phil

• johnpent

Hi Phil,

Oddly enough there are two files with zero bytes. I re-downloaded and found the same thing to be true the second time downloading.

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membership.php is zero bytes

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/default-gateways.php is zero bytes

I re-downloaded and found those files are zero even in the download. I know that sometimes copy and pasting folders on a mac can cause such areas, however, it does appear that in the zip file these are zero.

FYI, the fancy drag and drop in the widgets area of the site works fine. It is just inside this one plugin that it does not work.

I am also surveying the files in wordpress to see if all are okay, and I see no zero's there. We are on the latest version.

Thanks for you help.

John

• Mason

Hiya John,

Oddly enough there are two files with zero bytes. I re-downloaded and found the same thing to be true the second time downloading.

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membership.php is zero bytes

You can delete this file. It's no longer used by the membership premium plugin here.

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/default-gateways.php is zero bytes

I believe this one is actually set as zero (may be depreciated) in the beta. Are you running Membership 1.1 beta?

The issue you're seeing is most likely a javascript conflict. Try disabling all other plugins besides membership and see if the drag and drop works. If it does, re-enable the plugins one at a time (testing the drag and drop) until you've found the culprit with the conflicting js. Let us know what you find.

Thanks!