Issue with Multisite Content Copier..

OK, So this might be related to something with domain mapping plugin as well.... this issue is here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/urgent-help-needed-worried-i-may-have-been-hacked-via-domain-mapping#post-869993

I am trying to copy stuff via multisite content copier, and tonight (since all of the earlier issues) When I am trying to select the site containing the post to copy, no options appear.

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/141986/08518db2d2b61e3912e0547f61310a1e

My guess is this is related to the domain mapping... And I need some help figuring out how to straiten it out.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jay,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just tested this on my site and with domain mapping active it's still working correctly for me. Do you mind granting support access so I can take a look at your settings?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

It could be do to the issues you are experiencing in your install though. I'll try to replicate it on my install first using your settings.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the updates here.

I think the issue is in your .htaccess - it has a ton of additional code, by the looks of it from Wordfence, and the required multisite code doesn't look like it's there.

Can you deactivate Wordfence, then replace your entire .htaccess with this:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Then see if it works properly :slight_smile: the reason it's not working is because it's pointing all subsites to the root domain, it's not adding any subdirectory to them as seen in my screenshot - it should have each of their subdirectories after the slash.

*deactivating wordfence is just so we're sure that it won't add the code back in right after.

Hope this helps and let us know if you need any further assistance!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the reply. This is very odd. It might have to do with the subdomain being mapped in cPanel but I don't see why that would cause this.

Did your subsites work properly before? Like on my attached screenshot did it use to display all the subsite addresses there? Instead of just "/" - it looks like it's pointing them all to the root domain.

Even with Domain Mapping deactivated it is still doing this. I think this is the issue, just having trouble finding the cause - I'll chat with Michael about this too as it looks like he's spent a lot of time in your install.

I'm guessing you have already done a full plugin/theme conflict check? Deactivate all of your plugins and swap to default 2015 then check if the subsites are still broken in your Network admin > Sites list? If so, then it could be something server side.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jay

I think that the domains were listed there correctly a couple months back, before I had that issue when I updated domain mapping plugin and it caused links not to work, so I had to deactivate it, but stuff still was working fine... So the mapping has to be done somewhere else that isn't controlled by the plugin. I was wondering if it was through cpanel, and was wondering if maybe deleting those, and correcting the domains on the sub-sites would fix the issue, but I'm afraid to try it without another opinion.... If you think it might work, I'll try it tonight with one of the lower traffic subsites as a test.... What other ways might the domains have been mapped to work in the network? Another thing that has happened the same time with all these issues is favicons stopped working for all the subsites except Nevada.

I did a theme/plugin conflict test before upgrading to latest Worpdress and several plugins, which I did yesterday, but I haven't done one since. I will have to wait until night time to do that again, when I can safely put the site in maintenance mode without disrupting the users too much. I'll want to deactivate all plugins on the network, and those that are active per-site, right?

Let me know what you think, and if you found anything else out from Michael, and I'll post again later after I deactivate plugins and change themes to see if the subsites show there after that or not.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jay,

Hope you're doing well today!

Yes, you would want to deactivate all network activated plugins and plugins activated on specific sites you are checking. How did this go? Were you able to narrow down the issue? :slight_smile:

I was wondering if it was through cpanel, and was wondering if maybe deleting those, and correcting the domains on the sub-sites would fix the issue, but I'm afraid to try it without another opinion.... If you think it might work,

To be honest, I'm really not sure as I'm not familiar with mapping domains that way. If you're able to re-map them again then it would likely be worth testing. I'm wondering if maybe switching back to mapping through Domain Mapping would be a better idea :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jay

OK..

I found and fixed the issue with the domain mapping, and set the domains all up through the Domain Mapping plugin.

There are still several issues remaining with WPMU Plugins:

- Issue with Mutlisite Content Copier - Can't search for subsite to chose content from....
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/216847/1552269f259b2e2f4c7a8aada70a0c1b

- Issue with Snapshot - It keeps randomly deleting my locations and saved snapshots, forcing me to redo the setup. Same issue exists here with searching for which site to backup also.

- Favicons stopped working - They were previously set up through your Ultimate Branding plugin. I checked, and it lost the settings... and when I try to select a new favicon for a subsite (tested on Utah), I chose the image, then select it and save... it doesn't actually save, it just resets it back to the wordpress default one.

Support access is already enabled... Please feel free to login and check this stuff out.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jay,

Glad you got the domain mapping issue sorted out :slight_smile:

As for your new issues here, they look to be caused by conflicts with your install.

- Issue with Mutlisite Content Copier - Can't search for subsite to chose content from....
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/216847/1552269f259b2e2f4c7a8aada70a0c1b

- Issue with Snapshot Same issue exists here with searching for which site to backup also.

These 2 are definitely related. Have you already done a full plugin conflict check to make sure no other plugins are conflicting? That would be my first guess.

I tested on my own install and both plugins are successfully finding sites for me.

If the plugin conflict check turns up nothing, then can you create a new thread on this? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

I'm thinking it will take some troubleshooting and a new thread will ensure it all stays organized in one thread. Easier for one of our developers to catch up on too if we need to escalate it :slight_smile:

- Favicons stopped working - They were previously set up through your Ultimate Branding plugin. I checked, and it lost the settings... and when I try to select a new favicon for a subsite (tested on Utah), I chose the image, then select it and save... it doesn't actually save, it just resets it back to the wordpress default one.

Issue with Snapshot - It keeps randomly deleting my locations and saved snapshots, forcing me to redo the setup.

Again, I think these 2 are related. If you can do the same as above for this one too - plugin conflict check then post a new thread if no other plugins are conflicting.

I'm working most of the weekend, so it's likely I'll get your new tickets as well :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.