Issue with Password Protect Plugin

Yesterday, I purchased Password Protect. I immediately installed it and used it to create protection for the recipes on my site such as this one:

http://www.healthyweightlossconcepts.com/9834/eating-healthy/recipes/phase-2-recipes/chicken-p2/hcg-diet-phase-2-chicken-recipes-chicken-oriental-with-fennel/

After updating the post, I was able to go to the page, put in the password:

healthy2014

and immediately get access to the recipe! It was FANTASTIC and just what I was looking for in order to eliminate the complication of WishList Member on my site.

Today, the password box still appears and it is protecting the content, but for some reason, putting the password in does NOT show the protected content.

Nothing at all has changed on my site since the installation and seeing it working last night. What else can I look at to fix this issue?

• Cindy
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, my site is hosted on WP Engine which has it's own caching system installed. It can NOT be turned off.

They highly recommend also using CloudFlare on top of their caching system. So, CloudFlare is also enabled on my site. However, since Monday, even prior to the installation of the Password Protect plugin, CloudFlare has been paused and is NOT caching anything on the site.

Theoretically, I would be surprised if the WP Engine caching is causing the issue. I say this because on Monday, after installing the plugin, things were working just fine! And they were working in spite of the WP Engine caching system.

Earlier in the day on Monday, we had added a new sitemap plugin. But that also happened BEFORE Password Protect was installed. Nonetheless, we have tried disabling that plugin and the Password Protect is still not working.

Since Monday night when Password Protect worked perfectly, nothing has changed in the WordPress configuration (including no additional plugins, no changes to plugins). The only thing that has changed since Monday is just the addition of or modification to content.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Cindy
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I have not heard back from you about your plugin on my site. It's urgent that we get a response because I have customers who need it. My issue has not been resolved and the plugin is not working.

Please advise.

Thank you.
    Cindy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.