Issue with Registration on site?

Hi,
There seems to be an unusual error when signing up for an account.
Entering information into the fields including the correct Captcha Code however when click "Register my Account" an error message saying "Error: You have entered an incorrect CAPTCHA value." - after re-entering the captcha code again. another error appears saying

"That username is already taken, sorry.
That email address is already taken, sorry."

When checking the Users from the admin panel it shows the user's account as active and created. however the user does not receive any email to notify them their account has been created?

*URL REMOVED*
Support Access open
Thanks

Tom

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tom, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Using the link you provided here to register, it seems like the plugin you're using (Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft) isn't quite integrating with the form well. The user account gets created by Membership Pro (which explains why you're seeing the user in the Users panel), but the Captcha isn't collecting the response (even when I enter the message properly).

One thought that comes to mind though, would be to try using BuddyPress alongside Membership Pro, and using a Captcha plugin that's compatible with BuddyPress. That way, a different signup form would be used. :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Tom

I went through about 8-9 different captcha plugins of all sorts, none seem to be compatible with the registration form of the Membership Plugin? only one that appears on the page is Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft Version 1.15 . and this is the one causing issues. Not sure how the buddypress is supposed to help? i have currently disabled the bestwebsoft one. Could someone please help me either setup the buddypress captcha for the registration form or suggest a compatible captcha / bot prevention plugin that is compatible with the Membership plugin?

Thanks

Tom

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tom, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

Not sure how the buddypress is supposed to help?

When BuddyPress is active on the site, Membership generates a version of the signup page for use with BuddyPress, which means that features that hook into BuddyPress's signup form can be used here (like Captcha plugins :slight_smile: ).

An example of a Captcha plugin that works in this scenario would be the BuddyPress Captcha plugin (tested it on my own site, and found it to work just fine):

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-captcha/

Once that plugin's installed, you'll want to go to:

Settings -> BuddyPress Captcha

And enter the reCAPTCHA Site Key & Secret Key that you set up for your site there. Once that's done, you should now see the Captcha form on the registration page, and be able to register a user on the site.

Should you still have any issues though, could you please enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at things? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.