Issue with registration with 1 free and public subscription (on membership)

Hi,

I have membership set so the following subscriptions

1) Member - Free (Public)
2) Mod - Free (Private)
3) Admin - Free (Private)

I am concerned about the messaging on registration. If I use the pop-up registration then after subscribing/registering to the first tier (Member) then I am shown the option to subscribe to my two other Private subscriptions.

If I use the Original Member Form, then on completion I get the following message:

You currently have a subscription for the Members subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below.

There is nothing to display, so it is not the correct message to display. I'd rather not edit the core code and change the message. Any advice on the best registration process with the above setup - so that on registration complete of the first free and public subscription I just see a 'Thanks for registration' message and/or a redirect to the homepage.

Thanks

E

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @noriise

Under "Registration Pages" tab in your Membership admin, you can set any page you like for the "Registration Completed Page" and include any content you like on that page.

Also, under the "Extras" tab, try setting the "Membership Renewal" period to a period that is equal to or greater than your public subscription term. That should prevent the upgrade options from appearing to new members.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @noriise

I just created a test account and see what you describe.

Are you using the [subscriptionform] shortcode on your /marketing/ page? Or is that the standard auto-generated form?

Also, have you set a page users should be redirected to under "Registration Completed"?

Finally, under "User Registration", try with "Enable incomplete signup accounts" unchecked, and set a subscription for free users.

• raison-online
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the help.

The /register/ page is selected in the Membership page.

I have also used this short code [theme-my-login default_action='register']

on this page: http://networkedscholar.com/marketing/test2/

and tried [subscriptionform]

on this page: http://networkedscholar.com/marketing/test3/

You can see the results are still not resolving this...

Many thanks for investigating this. I look forward to hearing your advise.

Best,

Elliot

p.s. Just edited to add, the theme your login is ok, but not ideal as I want to capture all the fields asked for in the membership registration. I thought it better to get that working rather than hack away at the theme-my-plugin code.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.