Issue with Snapshots to Google Drive

Hi

I have set up Snapshot Pro to use GoogleDrive exactly how you state. I have clicked the Authorise button and the site has authorised itself and the token downloaded.

But the backup fails .. please see the log attached. The error is the ONE AND ONLY .. “AN UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURRED” :slight_smile:

Jay

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jay,

Well, indeed, this error doesn’t tell us much :slight_smile:. Please enable debug mode in WordPress and then try making a snapshot again. This should generate error that will be more informative.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file – so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Sujai Savoor

I hope you are doing good.

Would you please make sure in your files, there is no hidden folders/files? Like in mac, there is a file created, called DS_Store. There could be netbeans project file like .nbproject etc.

Also, would you please try with another google account just to make sure it’s not any permission issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.