issue with taxonomies?

Hi,

I've made a custom post type that I've called directors and I've assigned the taxonomy I've created called "ministries" to that post type. Within that taxonomy I've created 6 "categories".

The problem I'm having is that there doesn't appear to be a way to query and have CustomPress limit by taxonomy,tagID, and post_type. It seems to ignore my tag_ID option. Here is the query I'm using

<?php query_posts('taxonomy=ministries&tag_ID=297&post_type=resources'); ?>

When I run this query it pulls all posts in the taxonomy no matter what taxonomyID I've assigned it to. Basically Its as though the query tag_ID=297 doesn't exist. Any suggestions?

• angelo.matera
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Patrick

I appreciate your suggestion but that still doesn't solve the issue in that the embed codes let you embed the entire taxonomy you've created, not let you query the individual "categories" underneath the taxonomy. I'm hoping that makes sense. If that's not possible then I'm at a loss as to why I even have the option under a taxonomy to create a hierarchical set of categories? Seems there has to be a way to filter posts by ids within a taxonomy

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Great! I'm glad you got that figured out. And that you posted the solution for other members :slight_smile:

...I'm at a loss as to why I even have the option under a taxonomy to create a hierarchical set of categories?

Don't forget the user experience of being able to view other "posts" in the same taxonomy. When users find a post that interests them, they'll often click the "Filed under" or "Posted in" links to read more of your cool stuff :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.