Issue with theme settings and advanced theme switcher

I'm having issues when trying to implement the advanced theme switcher. I have used another plugin (Duplicate Theme) to duplicate my original theme. I have two themes set up which advanced theme switcher does recognize. The issue is that I've gone into both of these themes and have uploaded different logos in the theme options area. For some reason, when switching back and forth using advanced theme switcher, the logos don't change ...

Patrick

Hi there @davekerfoot

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

I juts tested with that Duplicate Theme plugin and, as I expected quite honestly, it doesn't appear to work quite right with many themes. Likely because it hasn't been updated in over a year & a half, and it thus not compatible with latest WordPress.

I would suggest creating 2 child-themes of that main theme in the old-fashioned manual way. Then set the Theme Switcher to only display your child-themes.

Although both child-themes are dependent on the same parent themes, your WordPress & the Theme Switcher will recognize them as distinct themes, so you shouldn't have this issue.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member

Sajid

Hi @davekerfoot

Hope you are doing good today

I am not sure there is an alternative to change the theme settings. Because they are stored in database and dependent on parent theme using same options key to store and retrieve the value.

You have to use the prefix with options key to theme settings, for each child theme, but that would likely be changing the existing options panel.

Another alternative is do not rely on database settings and make some necessary changes directly in child theme files. For example upload your logo image in child theme image folder and in header.php file hard code the logo URL for that child theme.

Also I suggest you to use different themes having different theme options that uniquely stores settings in database.

Take care and have a nice day

Cheers, Sajid