Issue with Upfront and Fixer theme. Background image position not saving

I am attempting to change the position of a background image on fixer. It shows the change, I save in upfront it stays. I go to close out of upfront and get a warning about losing unsaved changes.

See Images
What I want:

The error

What it reverts to:

The site is
axt.tsgmhosting.com

Remote support is enabled.

Thanks in advance!

• Sajid

Hi Tristan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I could replicate this issue on your site using fixer, then I tried to install/enable Luke + Sara, same thing is happening for this theme as well.

Further more, I can see in the console log upfront says the changes are saved.

It appears that your database/server might be rejecting the changes or may be a plugin on your website causing this issue.

I can see you have made some progress with fixer theme so it were working. Do you remember when it stopped working ? May be you installed/updated a plugin etc ?

It would be good if you run a plugin conflict test by deactivating all plugins and then try saving changes in upfront. If the issue vanished then try enabling plugin one by one to find out the real culprit.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Tristan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for making the plugin conflict to exclude the most common cause of breaking things due to some conflict.

In this case I would like to further investigate and troubleshoot this issue and would required WordPress administrator credentials and FTP details (in order to make some changes in files). If its okay for you then you can send in these credentials via our private and secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Make sure you select I have a different question (see screenshot) from dropdown - this and subject line ensures that it will get assign to me.

Look forward towards your response Tristan :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Tristan,
    Hope you doing good :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in the credentials. I notified the developer and they are able to replicate this issue themselves and working on it to fix this bug. We will fix and release a new version as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, please downgrade to previous version of Upfront parent theme until we fix and release a new version.

You can roll back to previous version by following the steps below:

1. Go to following location via FTP or cPanel's FileManager.
    ../wp-content/themes/

2. Find the upfront directory/folder and delete it.

3. Now download the Upfront 1.2.2 from project page (see screenshot).

4.a. Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New, upload and install the theme.

4.b. Or extract the files and upload to the same location where you have deleted the upfront folder in step one.

5. Done!

The issue is with parent theme only so you don't need to worry about the fixer or any other child theme of upfront.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.