Issues / Browser compatability with customising upfront themes

Hi there. I am having a lot of problems when trying to edit/customize the Issue theme.

Is there a minimum browser requirement to edit the upfront themes? they seem really intuitive. There is no way I would offer this for customers to do their own editing as it is so hard to work out what to do.

For example, I add up an image in the image box (now shown as a face) and find the graphic in the Karl Pilkington quote box has just aligned itself left and there is no apparent way to align it centrally (so I've had to remove it). I cant work out how to align the wording above / next to that "design gallery" to be central (it looks central in the edit but isn't when you look via a mobile browser. I also see the menu template in the edit mode but cant see any menu in the mobile view. Is there a video tutorial somewhere that guides me through all these types of assets and how to edit them?

I want to set this up ready for this client but am worried there will be hours of support required to help a client if I use the Upfront theme for their website.

Dimitris

Hey there Guy,

how are you today?

Is there a minimum browser requirement to edit the upfront themes?

All latest browsers shouldn't have any major issue with UF. I personally use Chrome and seems pretty fast and slick in my end.
    As I noticed some errors in Chrome's console though, could you please access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and insert the following line just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

For example, I add up an image in the image box (now shown as a face) and find the graphic in the Karl Pilkington quote box has just aligned itself left and there is no apparent way to align it centrally (so I've had to remove it).

I tried to replicate this in my end but wasn't able to do. I also tried to insert an image in your website but media library never opened. This should be resolved with previous workaround though.

I cant work out how to align the wording above / next to that "design gallery" to be central (it looks central in the edit but isn't when you look via a mobile browser.

I can see that h5 has a style="text-align:center;"
    I'd rather advise to use text-align:left; which resolve the mobile views and use some paddings to center it in desktop views.

I also see the menu template in the edit mode but cant see any menu in the mobile view.

I also saw that. Let's get back to it after the define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies'); workaround.

Is there a video tutorial somewhere that guides me through all these types of assets and how to edit them?

Our current documentation pages about UF can be found here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/

Take care,
    Dimitris

Guy

Thank you. OK Ill do that today asap.
    Also, the bottom "Featured Articles" was set to four as a default and presumably would be arranged in a row for desktop. But it looks like it is trying to arrange in one row still in mobile view which obviously squashes everything very narrow.
    So Ive adjusted to test by setting it to just one post yet still in the mobile view the single post there is squashed into a narrow view including squashing the post image. It seems to me it is not configured well at all. Can you advise?

Guy

We've tried to drag an image element to the first square to replace the text with an image but find it almost impossible to click the options because the extra menu appears over the top and hides the options.

The page goes grainy as if there is supposed to be a window somewhere to help us upload an image. We also see text 'fill fit etc' but no buttons.

I'm sitting with my client now and I have to say this is just embarrassing.

I think we will leave it there and try another theme / creator.

Thanks anyway.