issues customizing loop-taxonomy.php

I am trying to customize the loop that displays posts on the archive page but there is no css to target individual post elements (title, posted by, excerpt, etc) even though some of those elements are wrapped around css classes. It's strange. For example, In loop-taxonomy.php there is a css class for cf author and cf title but in the source code of the page in which that data is published that class is no where to be found! In fact, there is no css class whatsoever wrapping anything. Just all the post data (title, by author, excerpt, etc) all tangled up inside of a paragraph tag. See screenshots. Where or in what template file can I add css classes to customize the loop archive post data?

Also please don't ask me to test it on a wordpress theme like twenty fourteen because that is not the theme I am using. This plugin should work fine with a wordpress compatible theme like canvas.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Johnny,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

That's actually a good question to be honest, I've never looked into that myself. I see some of the cf classes are applied - such as cf-description cf-image and few others.

Upon further investigation into the classifieds stylesheet it looks like this could be happening due to a lack of styles - so it just defaults to the theme stylesheet.

cf-title only has 1 style and cf-author doesn't seem to exist in the stylesheet.

However, this means that you can likely create those styles yourself and adjust as needed.

Perhaps the idea here was to make it fit in with your theme as much as possible. Unfortunately, the developer in-charge of these 2 plugins is no longer with us as of about a week ago - so they've been put into the hands of another one of our devs for further updates :slight_smile:

I will in SLS(our coding experts) here for you as they may be more familiar with the coding structure of the plugin. Hopefully they will be able to clear this up.

In the meantime let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• johnnyp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

what screenshots are you looking at? there are absolutely no classes being applied in the output text. this plugin is such a disappointment I can't even begin to describe. and how can I adjust styles if there are not styles showing up in the source code?! now I have to wait until you update the plugin! I don't have the luxuty to wait!

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Johnny,

My misunderstanding, I was too focused on looking for some of the styles there in my own installation. I know you don't want to hear this; however, using the default theme everything shows up fine. As far the styling goes with price/author/image/ etc.

As Imperative kindly mentions, your archive page is displaying the theme defaults. Unfortunately, with the varying frameworks/themes out there we aren't able to test out the plugin on all of them. However, this thread here should help you out: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-override-theme-category-list-page seems to be a very similar issue.

If you're still having problems after that then post back here and we'll be here to help you pick up any loose ends :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions/concerns just let us know!

Cheers,
      Tyler

• johnnyp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That could be a good and the right logical conclusion. Lets say that were the case, how do we get it to display using the plugin theme?

also my theme seems to be utterly ignoring the css classes, as if they are not even there. Why might it be doing that?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.