Issues displaying content in Upfront pages

This is the developer working on the Global Communications websites, not Chris. That being said if you can get back to me at (email removed by moderator) instead of the listed email then that would be great.

I am having an issue with content from external plugins displaying on my upfront pages. Mainly plugins using shortcodes and html. I have tried putting them in text widgets through upfront. I have tried using the code widget through upfront (both 3rd party and custom). I have used wordpress' widgets and page manager visual and text fields. It does not seem to be compiling everything together like it should.
One example is that I am using the wp-jobmanager.com job management plugin to display internal jobs for people to apply to but when I use the plugin created page, it does not show anything. When I use a custom page (which is my preferred method) it shows something like what i have in the attached screenshot.

I am not sure if I am able to accomplish more of an internal job board for the company instead of allowing users to submit their own people through the Jobs and experts plugin through our paid subscription with WPMUDEV but if someone could get in touch with me via email; (email removed by moderator) then it would be much appreciated.

• Michael Bissett

Hello there, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

We'll need to continue the conversation here on the forums, as that's where we handle technical support (email's meant for billing/account related questions).

I am not sure if I am able to accomplish more of an internal job board for the company instead of allowing users to submit their own people through the Jobs and experts plugin...

So you're wanting folks to be able to post their own listings, but not be able to create expert profiles? :slight_smile:

In that case, with our Jobs & Experts plugin, if you were to enable the "Jobs & Experts Pages" add-on inside of:

Jobs -> Settings

And then go to:

Jobs -> Settings -> Pages Manager

You'll want to create a page for each Jobs & Experts page, except for the "Add new Expert" page.

If you still run into layout issues after doing that though, could you enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at things? :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Christopher

That's not what I am trying to do at all. I want MYSELF to be able to post jobs but I don't want others to be able to do it. There won't even be account registration. I just want the jobs to be for the company I am with. I don't want a craigslist job board. At the moment I have uninstalled the Jobs and experts plugin anyway because that is not the issue.

The problem I am having is when I try to use certain shortcodes it just displays them as printed text instead of displaying the actual content of the shortcode's data. To my knowledge this should be displaying a job table for the JobManager plugin but instead I get what you see on the screenshot.

• Christopher

This is the code that was pasted into the code widget resulting in what you see above. Pasting the same code into the text widget just prints the code as you see here.

[job_loop]
    <div class="job[job_row_number] job[job_id] [job_odd_even]">
    <table class="job-table[if_job_highlighted] highlighted[/if_job_highlighted]">
    <tr>
    <th scope="row">Title</th>
    <td>[job_icon] [job_link][job_title][/job_link]</td>
    </tr>
    [if_job_categories]
    <tr>
    <th scope="row">Categories</th>
    <td>[job_category_links]</td>
    </tr>
    [/if_job_categories]
    [job_field_loop]
    [if_job_field]
    <tr>
    <th scope="row">[job_field_label]</th>
    <td>[job_field]</td>
    </tr>
    [/if_job_field]
    [/job_field_loop]
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td class="jobs-applynow">[job_apply_link]Apply Now[/job_apply_link]</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

[/job_loop]

[if_job_page_count]
    <div class="job-nav">
    <div class="previous">[job_page_previous_link]Page [job_page_previous_number][/job_page_previous_link]</div>
    <div class="this">Jobs [job_page_minimum]-[job_page_maximum] of [job_total]</div>
    <div class="next">[job_page_next_link]Page [job_page_next_number][/job_page_next_link]</div>
    </div>
    [/if_job_page_count]

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Christopher, Michael here!

I'm not seeing that Support Access is active for cc.globalcommunicationsusa.com presently, could you please try re-enabling it?

Or, if you rather, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. It looks like you've gotten your site set back up here, but I am curious as to how your site's layout was wiped out on an update like this, that definitely shouldn't have happened. :disappointed:

In the future though, you may wish to use our Snapshot plugin to help keep backups of your site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.