Issues integrating Events+ and Market Press

I'm experiencing issues with Events+ integrating with Market Press. I'm testing both plugins (as well as many others) on a bare-bones development site. I have gone through all the appropriate steps to set up the events so payments can be processed through Market Press, but when clicking "I'm attending" the user is kicked to the basic wordpress login screen and asked to create an account. This should be redirecting to the cart, shouldn't it?

I've tried deactivating and deleting all plugins that might cause issues, I've tried testing it on a different site, I even went crazy and did a fresh install of wordpress. The same issue keeps happening.

I've scoured the forums for an answer but everything I'm finding about integrating the two plugins is from 2+ years ago. Am I missing something? Did an update make these two plugins incompatible? Or is it just user error? I've granted support access on the site, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Melissa Zalinski ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

The redirect to login/registration form is default Events + behavior and you will see it even if you disable MarketPress.

The plugin needs users to login in order to track who is coming, who has payed, who has cancelled, etc.

You can make this process easier for your users by enabling Twitter/Facebook login by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Plugin Settings => Allow Facebook and Twitter Login? and checking that box.

Then you will need to go to WP Admin > Events > Settings > API settings and set them up accordingly. Instructions can be found here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/#product-usage

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Melissa Zalinski
    • BWOAH

Yeah I noticed that last night while I was doing some testing. I don't like that a logged out user is forced to go to that wordpress page first. Allowing people to register for an event with only an email is an OK work around, but I just activated the add-on to add more fields and it completely broke the settings page. This has happened to me on a different website, I had to go into the database and clear the setting manually. Have you noticed this bug before?

• Melissa Zalinski
    • BWOAH

Hi Luis,

I contacted my hosting provider and short_open_tag is enabled. However, since I have a unix based server, the ASP script doesn't apply. Although I'm not sure if either of those things matter. I read through the thread you mentioned and it looked that like poster was having the same issue with both tags and script enabled. Were the developers able to work through the issue for them? Is there anything else I can try? Besides clearing the option from the database (which I have done before...)

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Melissa Zalinski ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far and I am sorry for the late reply here!

The asp_tags are a PHP feature (http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.asp-tags), so it does apply to your server and by the looks of it, the suggestions of the developer are related to enabling the plugin code to be interpreted properly, since an alternative method of writing PHP tags has been used here.

Please ask your hosting provider if this option is enabled.

Thank you and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Melissa Zalinski
    • BWOAH

Hi Ivan,

No worries, I had to put the project aside for a while to work on other things. I'm just getting back to it now. Both the short_open_tag and asp_tags are set to On. I've noticed when both are on, and I enable the "additional signup fields" add-on, the settings page disappears. When I turn off asp_tags, the settings page comes back but the add-on doesn't work. I have both set to on right now, but can change them if needed.

Thanks for your help and patience!

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Melissa Zalinski ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

I saw that the events settings page is empty and it gives a 500 (Internal Server Error) in console.

Please enable WP Error logging (https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging) , go to the events settings page and hopefully the error will be saved in your error log.

Please paste the contents of your /wp-content/debug.log here.

Ivan

• Melissa Zalinski
    • BWOAH

Hi Ivan,

Here's the log:
    [22-Jun-2016 17:16:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant label - assumed 'label' in /hermes/bosweb25a/b507/ipw.melissaz/public_html/coachingsites/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 196
    [22-Jun-2016 17:16:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant type - assumed 'type' in /hermes/bosweb25a/b507/ipw.melissaz/public_html/coachingsites/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 196
    [22-Jun-2016 17:16:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant required - assumed 'required' in /hermes/bosweb25a/b507/ipw.melissaz/public_html/coachingsites/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 198
    [22-Jun-2016 17:16:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function escape() in /hermes/bosweb25a/b507/ipw.melissaz/public_html/coachingsites/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 199

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Melissa Zalinski ,

The easiest way we can fix this is me digging directly into code :slight_smile:

So for that, I would ask you for FTP credentials.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Shulev"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Ivan

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Melissa Zalinski ,

Awesome passwords :smiley: Things like that make me work with a smile on :slight_smile:

So thank you for that!

I changed the function escape to esc_attr on line 199 in events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php. I guess it was outdated and will mark this as a bug.

Now I can see the options (hopefully you will be able to as well).

I hope that everything is working properly, but if not I will jump right back in :slight_smile:

Have an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.