Issues on content copier plugin

Hello,

I sent you last week a tweet about my misadventures with your Content Copier Plugin. My apologies, there was no need to be so rude. But I was even more disappointed that I couldn't give a proper review on your plugin's page. We can see 5 stars but actually nobody but you decided of it.

About your plugin now.

First Issue
When I select a category to copy content from and then clic on "filter" a box appears and ask to add at least one item to the list. So I have to add first a random post in my list to make the filter function work.

Second Issue
Now that I can filter by a specific category, I have 500 posts to copy. But the plugin only allows to show ten posts. So I can add those first posts, and then have to go through the 50 remaining pages to get my content copied. However it's already a pain to do this, when I clic on the second page of post, the category filter goes away and make my task undoable with your plugin.

Have you ever tried it?

Last issue
I tried to copy the 10 first posts, but actually it doesn't copy the tags, neither the categories that were attached to them.

I have found out that the original wordpress tool for exporting/importing posts was better for this task.

Now that I took some time to give you my feedback I hope you will consider a refund or offer the next plugin I will try from your platform.

By the way, I don't understand the need to install the WPMU Dev plugin before installing the plugin I bought. I also have found that wasn't fair. Even more when you have so many issues on a plugin that you sell.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Yves,

Sorry to hear about your troubles here!

I sent you last week a tweet about my misadventures with your Content Copier Plugin. My apologies, there was no need to be so rude.

Hey, when you buy something, you expect it to work - so if you were running into some issues then I can understand the frustration. We've all been there! In this case, that's what we are here for :slight_smile: So, let's see if we can get these issues resolved for you.

When I select a category to copy content from and then clic on "filter" a box appears and ask to add at least one item to the list. So I have to add first a random post in my list to make the filter function work.

I noticed that as well, I wasn't around when that feature got added into the plugin but I will see if I can get some clarification on whether or not we can remove that extra step :slight_smile:

Now that I can filter by a specific category, I have 500 posts to copy. But the plugin only allows to show ten posts. So I can add those first posts, and then have to go through the 50 remaining pages to get my content copied. However it's already a pain to do this, when I clic on the second page of post, the category filter goes away and make my task undoable with your plugin.

The 10 post limit is for memory reasons. The more posts you have there the more memory it will take up and there is a chance that your WordPress might time-out.

We can change this limit by editing the number in multisite-content-copier/admin/tables/network-posts-list.php it should be around line 20. You can change the 10 to whatever you like :slight_smile: try and keep it as low as possible. ie. if you have 100 posts in the target category then only do 100 and change it back later to conserve memory for future copies.

Last issue
    I tried to copy the 10 first posts, but actually it doesn't copy the tags, neither the categories that were attached to them.

This has actually been addressed in the most recent release. Jose has attached the beta version here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multisite-content-copier-not-copying-categories#post-710279 the live version should be getting pushed out soon :slight_smile:

By the way, I don't understand the need to install the WPMU Dev plugin before installing the plugin I bought. I also have found that wasn't fair. Even more when you have so many issues on a plugin that you sell.

The WPMU DEV Dashboard is to get automatic updates and to ensure you don't have overlapping plugins anywhere that might cause conflicts. It also gives you a little HUB to access support :slight_smile:

It isn't mandatory but is highly recommended so you don't miss out on updates.

Now that I took some time to give you my feedback I hope you will consider a refund or offer the next plugin I will try from your platform.

We can't can't deal with billing/account related requests through the forums. You will need to contact our billing department via our contact form for that: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ we have more account detail related access through there :slight_smile:

I really hope that everything here has helped address the issues you were facing Yves! Let me know if you still have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.