Issues with Autoblog

Can you guys come into my admin panel and make sure everything is checked off right per your instructions for the auto blog.

This is the 5th plugin that I am having a very hard time with.

• Luís

Hi James ,

Hope you're doing well today!

In order to help you better, can you gives more information about the doubts/difficulties you are having?

Also, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• SavvyTurtle

thanks staff login is enabled as of the AM of today, ill paste below what I wrote in the staff admin box.

the feeds issues with autoblog and the errors were fixed I believe from moving to a dedicated server. - Can someone check my selections in auto blog It seems like no matter what I check mark the feeds are still duplicating whether off or on. also can you help me to make it show my default image since I cannot figure out how to pull in the feed image on the news sites I only figured out how to do it for the cooking sites. - God Bless - I plan on re trying your plugins one by one as we go before I cancel my subscription to see if it was the result of not having a powerful dedicated server. and part me not knowing how to configure.

• SavvyTurtle

I seemed to fix the duplication and default image on two of my feeds but still having difficulty with the rest so I suspended those until you guys have a closer look.

I am also waiting on installing any other plugins as I keep getting error codes even with the dedicated server. - God Bless btw I would like to at some point have a MU site but want to know if it is possible to keep my main site while having a MU site i.e. mini sites like a sub folder a copy of wordpress MU is installed and that is the Multi site. while I have my site on the main don't know if that is possible or if it would mess things up. I am also thinking about putting the MU site on a secondary domain name. - You guys are the kings with MU and Buddypress I used you long ago when I had a MU site with 120k users before I sold it but that was back in the day before wordpress changed how you install and set it up. - is there a plugin that I can install on americagunban that can monitor my secondary domain install of MU from my main site so I do not have to log into another dashboard. and will I need to sign up with you guys again for another access license.

God Bless,

James

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James,

I hope you're having a nice day!

BTW Lastly I am 100% user funded from my readers/Listeners and still having issues with the fundraiser piggy bank plugin my users allow me the funds to pay you guys.

I assume you are referring to our "Fundraiser" plugin, is that right? If you are experiencing any issues with it, please start a separate thread on our "Support forum". We encourage all the members of our community to keep issues and questions that are not strictly related to each other as separate forum tickets. This helps us help you faster and better. I'm hope that makes sense to you :slight_smile:

I would like to at some point have a MU site but want to know if it is possible to keep my main site while having a MU site i.e. mini sites like a sub folder a copy of wordpress MU is installed and that is the Multi site. while I have my site on the main don't know if that is possible or if it would mess things up. I am also thinking about putting the MU site on a secondary domain name. (...)

I'm not quite sure whether I understood your right but I don't think you'd need to keep two separate installs for this. A WordPress Multisite install can easily (by default) work in a way that the main site ("yourdomain.com") of an install would be your main site (equal to the one you got now) and you and/or your site's users would then be able to create their own sub-sites (as "yourdomain.com/subsite" or "subsite.yourdomain.com", depending on setup).

This would let you centrally manage it all. We also have tools that would help you manage those sites. For example our "Pro Sites" plugin that will let you charge users for creating their sites or our "Domain Mapping" plugin that would let you and admins of sub-site add additional domains (so sub-sites would be available under their own domains).

If you have any further questions regarding this, please start separate thread as well.

thanks staff login is enabled as of the AM of today, ill paste below what I wrote in the staff admin box.

Thanks for granting access. Just for future reference: when you grant an access and/or write in a "staff admin box" we are not automatically notified of this so we simply do not know about the fact that the access has been granted already and we're not aware of your message. It's an internal "notification" system that's meant to let you leave us additional notes and sensitive data if necessary (e.g. passwords and so on). That's why it's always better to let us know about that here on forum :slight_smile:

also can you help me to make it show my default image since I cannot figure out how to pull in the feed image on the news sites I only figured out how to do it for the cooking sites.

I checked the site and feeds. Some of these feeds don't contain images and some does. However, I can see that all your feeds are set to "Find first image..." while that is a setting that may not necessarily work with all the feeds. That's because of the way the XML (RSS) feeds are built - they use different standards (ways) of enclosing images and Autoblog may not always be able to determine it so it may need some "experimenting" with these settings.

Could you please tell me if none of the feeds (except the "cooking" one) lack images or just some. If some, which are those? Also, I don't see these feeds being categorized in any way. Do you have a way for me to easily differentiate which post comes from which feed other than just checking links (I mean like selecting a category or a tag to see only posts from a single feed) or will I need to "manually search" for them? I'm asking this in case I missed something obvious here :slight_smile:

Please advise and I'll be glad to check your site again.

Best regards,
    Adam

• SavvyTurtle

Infowars and Drudge Report are the 2 that stop feeding - and they are located in the main category Alt Right.

The cooking feeds were working fine until 30 hours ago all feeds stopped. as far as the images goes I am only having problems pulling the images from the alt right section.

Do I need to set up a cron jobs for this if so let me know.

I will keep in mind to start separating my requests and will only talk about the auto blog on this thread. - God Bless,

I need to get the auto blog fixed or find another plugin if we cannot figure out why all of a sudden the auto blog stopped feeding. as 92% of my real organic traffic comes from these feeds of Alt Right and Cook main categories.

• Dimitris

Hey there James,

hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

Infowars and Drudge Report are the 2 that stop feeding - and they are located in the main category Alt Right.

I tried to replicate the Drudge Report feed in my test environment and reproducing your settings I noticed that you were using some tags in post filtering section. Removing the content from there made the trick in my end and posts started to come in! :wink:

Could you please give this a try in both of the aforementioned feeds and run the process?

Do I need to set up a cron jobs for this if so let me know.

There's no need to setup anything similar like cron jobs, these are handled by AutoBlog plugin.

as far as the images goes I am only having problems pulling the images from the alt right section.

Is there another feed apart from Drudge Report with the image issue? Please advise!
    I had no images imported in my tests so far, I guess this has to do with the actual structure of feed, like Adam mentioned before.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• SavvyTurtle

Thank You I will start with one answer at a time thanks for answering all of them.

I see the post filtering part thanks for pointing it out I thought it was site tags I removed it and the feeds are semi working only feeding in drips. also I received this error shortly after removing the filters and the feeds being dripped in. attached below. also the default picture is not coming in either now - Do you feel that I need to do something with my database in my dedicated server to handle the feeds or something.

• SavvyTurtle

update the feed drudge report is the default image not showing, but I am making the assumption that once the feeds starts rolling and catch up that the default image will show.

Do you think by me putting 100 extra post with the most recent post option every 5 minutes on both caused the database error, and whether it did or not what is your recommendation for time limit for the AutoBlog to to pull the most recent posts, these are breaking news sites and news breaks every 10 minutes.

Thanks,

• Dimitris

Hey there James,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Do you think by me putting 100 extra post with the most recent post option every 5 minutes on both caused the database error, and whether it did or not what is your recommendation for time limit for the AutoBlog to to pull the most recent posts, these are breaking news sites and news breaks every 10 minutes.

This has to do with server load so an appropriate error should have been displayed (a server timeout or error 500) rather than the "Error establishing a database connection" error message.

also I received this error shortly after removing the filters and the feeds being dripped in. attached below.

About this "Error establishing a database connection" error page, you can find a detailed blog post on how to resolve it here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/fix-error-establishing-database-connection/.
    This error seems pretty irrelevant with AutoBlog in my eyes. Please proceed troubleshooting this following the steps described in the post I just shared, I look forward for your results on this! :slight_smile:

also the default picture is not coming in either now - Do you feel that I need to do something with my database in my dedicated server to handle the feeds or something.

I re-inspected the specific feed in my test end.
    Having the "Allow Force Feed" and "disable sanitation" addons activated and enabled in this feed, got some images for me but in most of the cases the feed was getting a .gif image (checked through the Media library) with dimensions 1x1px, that's why I was seeing nothing in frontend. :wink:
    The only way I found to surpass this was by setting a default image instead.
    Here's my settings

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• SavvyTurtle

Thank You, Here is the update:

Hostgator Linux Admins went in and changed me from wordpress cron to server cron and that fixed all database issues however the server was lagging a good bit and they asked me to disable all plugs except the ones I use like auto blog, I did and now its a rocket. so they told me that I should look into hiring a wordpress developer to take a look at my site and instruct me on how I can further optimize my site for page load, images etc. etc.

Also a developer would suggest top plugins that are up to date and are optimized as many wordpress plugin developers plugins crash servers.

You guys are wordpress Developers and are already hired so that is taken care of, I notice some of your plugs will harden my server, optimize it etc. the problem is when I tried to install them I screwed it up or something. - So enough of me ranting as we both agreed before lets start with this thread of auto blog and you guys walk me thread by thread with each of your plugins because I may be dumb in reading because I cannot set the plugins correctly.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    As to Autoblog after we fixed the database issue and removed the bad plugins along with deactivating all of yours except for autoblog and the dashboard only because i screwed up the settings on your other plugins. Once that was done the server is fast and feeds are going.

2. I went in and removed the feeds that I did not want for the blog kept the ones I did want and took off force feed disabled sanitation, dont know how to make it use the default image so I put grab first image, and took care of the filter part. along with setting the cooking section for every 5 hours to 1 day and the other news feeds 1 day, and the two breaking news Drudge Report and InfoWars to every 30 minutes all at Most Recent posts.

now all are feeding correctly no problems.

Infowars is feeding with the default image thats fine because the reader can get the actual image while reading the story in the pop in,

Drudge report however is not showing the default image and I had to mess up somewhere because it use to bring in the default image, now its a big empty space with image code that I have being going in post by post cleaning up and uploading the default image.

I will now follow your screenshot and reco's above and see if I can get drudge report to populate the default image.
    -------------------------------------------
    THE TWO ISSUES LEFT WITH AUTO BLOG::
    1. Getting Drudge Report Default Image to populate
    2. Can you help with the right codes to insert into the WYSIWYG editor in the Drudge Report feed if you check out my site the other feeds including InfoWars is bringing in Amazon Responsive Script and some are also bringing in my image ad and all work but for Drudge Report it's not bringing in the script but is bringing in my product image but when clicked on its tied into his story link and shows blank image below is one example of each. - God Bless

http://americagunban.com/dhs-accused-of-sitting-on-damning-border-report-as-immigration-issue-drives-presidential-race/

http://americagunban.com/white-house-science-chief-earth-vulnerable-to-major-asteroid-strike/

• SavvyTurtle

September 14, 2016 at 04:38 PM

Hello,

At this time database performance does seem to be doing much better. The only crash I show today was during a period of high load on the server. However it does seem that the site does have a fair few plugins, including an SEO plugin. Some SEO plugins can cause higher load times on servers with high numbers of posts or pages. The site also is not using a caching plugin, which could greatly help with the page load. We have the following helpful guides to assist with optimizing the wordpress site.

https://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/how-to-optimize-a-wordpress-installation
    https://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/advanced-wordpress-optimization
    https://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/plugins-advice

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be more than happy to assist.

Best regards,

Timothy H.
    Linux Administrator

• Dimitris

Greetings James,

hope everything's going well for you today! :slight_smile:

1. Getting Drudge Report Default Image to populate

Did you try my proposal from my previous reply? I was able to populate a default image by using the settings provided in last screenshot.
    I can see now that top posts have a default image, but older elements don't.
    http://americagunban.com/category/alt-right/drudge-report/
    So I wonder, did you make this work or are you still editing these posts one-by-one? Please advise!

2. Can you help with the right codes to insert into the WYSIWYG editor in the Drudge Report feed

Could you please elaborate a little more on this as I feel a bit lost. In both links that you provided I can see the same elements apart from an extra Google Ad in the Drudge Report one. Are all elements in place as should be?
    I tried to navigate to all of them, Amazon products are linking correctly but the #cersorgate image link in both cases is ending up with an error as it tries to fetch content from another domain, without having the appropriate X-Frame-Options.
    Refused to display 'https://teespring.com/censorgate?' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

The site also is not using a caching plugin, which could greatly help with the page load. We have the following helpful guides to assist with optimizing the wordpress site.

I'd like to share with you some articles from our own blog considering caching.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-caching/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/w3-total-cache/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/best-caching-plugins-wordpress/

Take care,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

• SavvyTurtle

Thx got the default image to load and refresh thanks to your suggestions - done.

when I clicked on disable pop up for drudge the censorgate redirected to the teespring url when clicked on my image but I turned it off as I want readers to stay on my site and read the feeds and close the box when done and read something else. - I think I will remove my image ad. and wait until I can get a online store on my site. I been having major problems installing both woocommerce and your marketplace shopping cart in separate test installs.

None the less you have helped me greatly to fix the auto blog issue and for that I am forever grateful thank you, I will check out your caching articles please close this support ticket but can you leave it accessible to me so I can come back to reference these links. God Bless.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.