Issues with categories and password plugins

Hi,

I'm setting up my multisite here (causepages.com) and a few issues with plugins:

1) The registration form doesn't ask for the categories I've set with the Site Categories plugin. I also tried selected a category with dashboard with a test user and although it remains selected it doesn't show on the landing page: causepages.com/blog-categories/

2) I've installed the plugin to allow the user to choose their own password but that doesn't work either - it's still automatically generating a default password

Thanks

• ssmedia
    • Flash Drive

Also, regarding the registration, the user still gets an email asking them to activate their account and then enter an activation key.

I thought the purpose of the password plugin was so that users could define a password and get going straight away without having to verify their email??

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ssmedia,

1) The registration form doesn't ask for the categories I've set with the Site Categories plugin. I also tried selected a category with dashboard with a test user and although it remains selected it doesn't show on the landing page: causepages.com/blog-categories/

This could be an issue that you are running BuddyPress. Meaning in a normal WordPress environment when a user creates a new site via the front-end not within wp-admin there is a form they fill out for the site name, URL and then able to select the site categories and site description. Under BuddyPress the BP plugin sort of takes over the registration processing. Not much that Site Categories can do. Still once the user creates the site then can assign Site Categories to their site via wp-admin.

2) I've installed the plugin to allow the user to choose their own password but that doesn't work either - it's still automatically generating a default password

Not sure what you mean by this. The Site Categories plugin does not deal with passwords or emails. Not relevant to the Site Categories plugin.

• ssmedia
    • Flash Drive

R.e. questipn 1) that's a shame, I thought this theme and BP would be compatible with all your plugins. Yet still, I did select a category for a user blog through wp-admin and the categories page failed to pick that up.

R.e. question 2) that's about another plugin. I guess I have to submit a new post for each plugin question. Will do that now.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ssmedia,

If you notice on the plugin page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/site-categories/ in the right sidebar it does not specifically state compatibility with BuddyPress.

Yet still, I did select a category for a user blog through wp-admin and the categories page failed to pick that up.

Hmm. when you state the categories page failed to pick it up are you referring to the Site Categories landing page? Have you checked the Site Categories taxonomy page within wp-admin??

On the Primary site you should see the Site Categories off the main wp-admin menu. The second option should show your Site Categories and functions like any other Category/Tag page.

Also, when you switch to some other wp-admin blog. Then switch back to the blog you just assigned to a Site Category can you confirm if DOES or DOES NOT show the previously selected site categories.

• ssmedia
    • Flash Drive

Yes, I am referring to the site categories landing page - that is failing to pick up sites that have selected a category that is being shown.

In the admin section, I have setup 4 site categories but all are showing zero sites assigned here: causepages.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=bcat

However, the site with a category selected does show as defined here: causepages.com/wp-admin/network/sites.php

For example, I logged in as the owner of this blog (http://myexperience.causepages.com) and have selected a category through wp-admin.

The category remains selected but that site is not shown on the category landing page or, as mentioned, in this section: causepages.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=bcat

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Are you running any cache plugins? Sit tight. Working on another member's site with similar issue. The individual blog site categories do show the correct selected categories. But on the primary site and landing page the blog does not correctly show. So let me debug his issue and if needed I'll provide you a beta to try out.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.