Issues with cloning Footer Content and menus.

There are two issues after a cloning a site with Cloner plugin.

#1 Footer Content from Ultimate Branding is not loading proper icons:

#2 Custom links just don't get copied. the background color is missing to and one of the social icons is missing too.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan,

Since you had to go offline I've created this thread so I could update you about my findings on your issues and we can continue the discussion here.

So, for the first issue with footer icons, the content is there and all the required classes are in place but the issue seems to be with the incorrect CSS being loaded.
    The file in question is /wp-content/cache/et/1/5/4323/et-core-unified-151359232779.min.css which is responsible for these icons and it's applying wrong code for the icon.
    There are couple of things to check for this, first, are you using a plugin for these social icons or this is a part of the theme?
    Try disabling Autoptimize to see if minifiying the files is causing this.
    Try clearing your caching or temporary disabling it to see if the cached files are wrong and cause the issue.

As for the menu issue, we didn't had time to discuss this over chat so I would need some more info about it.
    The icon issue is same as the footer one so for that follow the above debugging process.
    I checked the menus on both main and subsite, under Appearance > Menus, and all the menu items are transferred there as far as I can tell.
    So I'm wondering how these additional menu items are added and customized?
    Could you give me some more info about this so I could better understand where to look for the missing items and settings?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan,

Have you tried disabling Autoptimize and clearing any caching to see if the icons were showing after that?
    As I mentioned above the CSS is called from the file that's in your cached folder, so perhaps it needs to create new cached file to get the correct code for the subsite.

The links are just custom links added to the menu in the appearance>menu. Nothing else done except for customizing the background hover color.

I thought this was something related to the Superfly plugin so I wasn't sure but I can see the issue now, it just replaces the custom link with the URL of the subsite.
    However when I test the same thing on my installation I'm unable to replicate it.
    Can you try disabling all of your plugins and then clone the site again to see if the menu is properly copied after that?
    This will tell us if there's a conflict there and we can then debug it further.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan,

The thing with the icons is that there's a backslash missing from the CSS files.
    If you check the cached CSS file on your subsite (this one) and search for .et-extra-icon-facebook:before you will see that it misses the backslash in the code:

That part should actually look like this in order to show the icon:
    content:'\e093'
    But I can't find a way to re-create or disable that caching in Divi in order to force it to create new files.
    Could you get in touch with theme developers and ask them how to re-create these CSS files or to disable this caching so it uses the original CSS from the theme?

Can you grant me access to the staging site to check the other issues there?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan and happy new year :slight_smile:

I see that the support access is granted on your staging site so I went there to do some tests but I'm afraid that I'm having issues with creating new subsites there.

With or without cloner, when I try to create new subsite it will say that the WordPress is already installed.
    And the strange thing is that the new subsite will get a URL that's not even close to the one I entered and when I access it all of it's frontend links will go to main site instead of opening subsite pages.

Can you check with WP Engine about this and see if there's anything else needed to have multisite working properly in staging environment?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan,

I actually never encountered this issue before, I thought it might be something due to the staging environment but if it's happening on live site as well then it should be checked as soon as possible.
    Your host should be able to give you more info about this, but you can also start by checking the wp-config.php and .htaccess files for any suspicious or unwanted code.

This is also preventing Cloner from creating new site so I was unable to further debug the menu issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Stefan

Hi Predrag,

thanks for your reply. I chatted with wpengine. We did a plugin and theme conflict test. All plugins deactivated and divi was still not working. As soon as switched to Wordpress default theme it worked. This is weird because prior to this ticket wpmu support was able to clone my site with divi. I'm kind of puzzled and am wondering how I can go about this. For sure I will contact Divi and ask for support there as well.

Cheers,

Stefan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stefan,

I can no longer access your staging site, did you disable WPMU DEV Dashboard during the test? If you did can you reactivate it and re-grant support access?

When I was testing your live site previously creating new subsites and cloning was working, regarding the new site creation part, and when I first accessed your staging site there was an issue with creating new subsites.

When you created your staging environment did you try creating new subsites or cloning them? Did it had the same issue at that moment?

As soon as switched to Wordpress default theme it worked.

Just to be clear here, when you switch to default WP theme you are able to create new subsites properly again?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.