Issues with Confirmation once pressing submit on appointment

I am having an issue on my website. http://www.littleblackdresspaperie.com/make-an-appointment/

The appointment system works in terms of selecting the date and entering in your information, but it just lags there when you press submit. The wheel just spins. It registers in our system, but the client does see the confirmation text following setting up their appointment. Can you please look at this? I need a solution because my clients are confused.

• Michael Bissett

Hey Tyler Gibbons, Michael here! :slight_smile:

The reason you're running into this is because we've got an error popping up, it's only visible if the browser console's open, though:

Warning: fopen(/tmp/App_Google_Client/d0/d0c392d4e20cca96a8ec9e2e6c2eb3c5): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /pathtruncated/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/Cache/File.php on line 181

You'll want to contact your host about this, and see if the temporary directory is writable, the plugin defaults to using the /tmp folder of your server. Or, if a value for session.save_path is defined inside of a php.ini file, it can use that instead, so whatever is defined there will be used instead:

session.save_path = "/example/path/to/my/temp/folder"

If a custom php.ini can be set up (which is something to check with your host about, as you could then set a custom session.save_path), great! :slight_smile:

If the temporary directory can't be changed, though, there's one more thing we can do, it requires a edit to the plugin code, though (so please note down the changes, as they'll need to be re-applied later once the plugin's updated):

On lines 138-140 of:

/appointments/includes/external/google/Config.php

You should see these lines of code:

'App_Google_Cache_File' => array(
              'directory' => sys_get_temp_dir() . '/App_Google_Client'
            )

Change those to read like this:

'App_Google_Cache_File' => array(
              'directory'=>get_temp_dir()
            )

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.