Issues with Domain mapping.

I am having domain mapping issue on multiple multisite subdomains.
Sub-domain: hosting.beautyugly.com has subsites that have been mapped.
so sub-site 1: mapped to djohnsontwins.com, but when I try to access the newly mapped site it takes me to beautyugly.com

More details in the chat.

• Ash

Hi there

How did you set the multisite up? Did you use nameserver or dedicated IP?

If nameserver, then you must the domain djohnsontwins.com as addon or parked domain, I believe you did so. But when you added, then you pointed to beautyugly.com directory, rather you need to point to hosting.beautyugly.com directory. That being said, the document root of djohnsontwins.com and hosting.beautyugly.com should be exactly same.

Other hand, if you used dedicated IP, then the IP must point to hosting.beautyugly.com site, that means when you enter the IP in the browser, then hosting.beautyugly.com site should be loaded.

Please let me know about this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• nusolutions

This is a VPS server with an IP of 166.62.84.114. In cPanel I have multiple domains. This one domain, beautyugly.com has multiple sub-domains that are separate WP installs configured to allow multisites. So:
    hosting.beautyugly.com is a separate WP install & db configured to allow multisites. A user can register for a membership to create 4 websites. So say a user creates sub-site: http://hosting.beautyugly.com/djohnsontwins/
    This site is accessible for the user. Now if the user tries to map this sub-site to its own domain: djohnsontwins.com using your Domain Mapping plugin they get the following error:

Domain name is unavailable to access.

In GoDaddy the domain IP has been configured to point to the server and has its nameservers. So
    NS1: 166.62.84.114
    NS2: 166.62.84.114

In this case the name servers point to ns1 & ns2.djohnsontwins.com
    In cPanel this domain appears as under Parked and as an Alias. Although I can add a new alias, I don't see the ability to change the document root to hosting.beautyugly.com.
    If I go into Add on Domains I can do the following:

New Domain Name: djohnsontwins.com
    Subdomain: hosting.beautyugly.com
    Document Root: ???

I thought that since I'm creating the sub-site within the hosting.beautyugly.com sub-domain, it would point to this document root. So I guess I'm trying to see what is the document root for this sub-domain?

• nusolutions

If I remove the Alias for djohnsontwins.com and create the following Add on Domain:

Subdomain: hosting.beautyugly.com
    Document Root: hosting.beautyugly.com

I get:
    (XID u6gjdw) The domain “hosting.beautyugly.com.beautyugly.com” does not exist in the userdata for the user “

If I go:

Subdomain: djohnsontwins
    Document Root: hosting.beautyugly.com

The Add on Domain gets created. When I log in as the user and try to map the domain using the WPMUDEV Domain Mapping plugin I get the same error:

Domain name is unavailable to access.