issues with domain mapping - help!

so I have followed the instructions, and watched vimeo vid and still having problems mapping a domain to an alias generated.

Basically it ignores the mapping and points to an empty account on my server (I have a reseller account on site5.com)

I went into my site5.com whm and checked my dns zones and DNS record A is indeed pointing in the right ip.. so I'm stuck.

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey

do you have a dedicated ip for that cpanel account? i mean not for your whm just for site5.com. if so then you simply point the A record from your domain registrar (e.g godaddy) by going to the advance dns settings..(dont need to point name servers then)

if you dont have a dedicated ip for that particular site, then you park the domain, and point the nameserver from your domain registrar to your site

hope that helps

• amul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

i dont think I have a dedicated IP for my iphone5ed.com domain. It's pretty much the same one as the my main reseller host. So I then when into my main host cPanel and tried to park the iphone domain and recieved an error saying that I was not the owner.

Then I went into the iphone5 cPanel and tried to park it and it said Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!

My last recourse is to go into the domain registar... which I did there is an option to redirect a domain

so I followed the advice in the domain mapping plug "you will need to add a DNS "A" record pointing at the IP address of this server: 174.120.1.226" and still getting the same result.

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey

so I followed the advice in the domain mapping plug "you will need to add a DNS "A" record pointing at the IP address of this server: 174.120.1.226" and still getting the same result.

you would need a dedicated ip for the cpanel iphone5ed.com if you are pointing the A Record directly from the registrar

So I then when into my main host cPanel and tried to park the iphone domain and recieved an error saying that I was not the owner.

you need to park in the cpanel of iphone5ed.com not the main whm/cpanel . if you are getting an error, contact your hosting company to see why you are getting that error. i am currently using domain mapping on reseller account as well. i do not have dedicated ip for any of the cpanels, so i have parked the domains in their respective cpanels adn pointed the name servers from my domain registrar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.