Issues with GZIP Compression

Hi there,

I am having ongoing problems with site speed. I have been working with my web developer to try and get our site speed better and there appear to be ongoing problems with the Enable Compression. - We're still having problems with the "Enable GZIP Compression"

stat being rated really low. https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.envirapest.com.au/OMusynUi

I have upgraded to a higher plan on my hosting but we are still stuck! Is someone able to take a look for me?

• Nahid

Hi Rhiannon Jones !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I just checked on your configuration and would like to suggest you some steps. The GZIP compression seems to be enabled but it doesn't seem to work for HTML as it says it is not working properly.

1. Enabling 'deflate' module: Have you tried enabling the 'deflate' module for your server? You can do it from cPanel by following this handy manual from cPanel here. Or, you can ask your host to do it for you.

2. Plugin/Theme Conflict Test: Can you try deactivating plugins but Hummingbird and switching to a default theme like Twenty Sixteen to test if there is any plugin conflict?

3. Please update Hummingbird: I guess you haven't noticed we have an update for Hummingbird already. Please update is to the latest version.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid.