Issues with Mailchimp Sync

Hey, guys.

I'm having trouble with my membership statuses syncing to my mailchimp users. The membership status isn't updating in mailchimp after syncing. We send expired members a reminder, but people that are up to date are still on the list to receive. Any idea what might be going wrong?

• Nithin

Hi Nick,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm having trouble with my membership statuses syncing to my mailchimp users. The membership status isn't updating in mailchimp after syncing. We send expired members a reminder, but people that are up to date are still on the list to receive. Any idea what might be going wrong?

That's odd, are sure that you are using 3 different mailing list, while setting up?

I gave a quick test, and it seems to work fine in my system. Could you please enable support access, so that we could have a better idea on how it's configured. Do you have any other Mailchimp plugin, or integration enabled other than in M2?

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Nick,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and found that you have created a specific membership called "Membership Expired" and your other memberships are set up in such a way that your members will automatically be subscribed to "Membership Expired" when their other membership expires.

But as "Membership Expired" itself is a membership plan on your site, that's why your users are not being expired at all. They are being expired from one membership and instantly being subscribed to the "Membership Expired" membership. So they are not going to your deactivated membership mailing list.

So if you want to get your users in the expired mailing list, then you have to set up your other membership plans in such a way that your users won't be subscribed to any other membership when their current membership expires.

I believe this will help you understand the current scenario. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.