Issues with orders closing AND no address for physical orders

We have print and digital products in the store. the digital products GENERALLY go through without a hitch.

Except when it doesn't. I'm looking at three digital orders right now that didn't go from Paid to Shipped though the payment went through.

But when it comes to the print orders, there's no address for the customer so no way to ship them.

Is there something we're missing in settings that gives a place to put address?

Thank you.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Digital orders don't collect shipping details. So if they were only digital you wouldn't get their address by default.

Do those orders show the transaction as going through? Can you please check your IPN history logs and let me know what's in there for those transactions.

Thanks,

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

For those orders which the user doesn't get to download can you please:

Do those orders show the transaction as going through? Can you please check your IPN history logs and let me know what's in there for those transactions.

If there is a shippable item then shipping details should be collected. There isn't anything in the download field at all?

Does it only happen on certain products? Is there a pattern?

If you could give me steps to how you recreate this then I can take a closer look. In my own tests I entered the shipping information when needed.

Thanks.

• amy_brown
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

the payments have gone through yes

the main problem is the print orders. it's a giant waste of time to go through a dozen orders a day to collect their mailing address :slight_frown:

there's nothing to recreate. we check orders and find print orders without addresses. It's not the same product, but it is almost all of our print orders. shipping configuration is correct on our end too.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Well I've tested again purchasing physical orders and digital downloads and I always get the shipping details when I need them.

there's nothing to recreate.

If you're saying there nothing recreate then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Do you want me to take a look at your install to see if I can see what's going on with those orders?

Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care.

• amy_brown
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

fixed it on my own.

we have free shipping and there was no clear way to set that by looking at the menu. it wasn't until I selected each one that I saw the option we needed. Flat Rate set to blank if anyone is interested.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.