Issues with post indexer

I've been using post indexer for several weeks. I use the global search plugin with it. But now there is no pie graph and no information on chron jobs.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Michael

I hope you are doing great today, thank you for reporting this issue to us and thank youi for waiting.

I have looked at your error logs and found the following line:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to private method ProcessLocker::is_locked() from context 'postindexeradmin' in /<account_content_folder>/wp-content/plugins/post-indexer/classes/class.postindexeradmin.php:1027

Basically the 'ProcessLocker::is_locked()' function was called from a public context while it was defined to be private, as a result Post Indexer was failing to determine if any Cron were running so as a results it was not running any because of the failure to determine whether to run a Cron or not.

The fix was to change the referenced function in 'post-indexer/classes/class.processlocker.php' on line 49 from:

private function is_locked() {

to:
    public function is_locked() {

Luckily, this issue was reported before and a fix has been developed and should be available soon. But unfortunately, I am not sure when this will be released but hopefully in the next update. Please check the change logs before updating to ensure the fix is included on the update. I have patched your website already and have tested Post Indexer, it seems to be working as expected now, your website has been indexed during my test.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be happy to assist you in any way possible.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.