Issues with Post Indexer & Global Search

I am trying to use post indexer and global search it is not working.

I am also trying to sync two sites but it is not working. I am placing the URL and key of the master site in subsite but it says check your URL and key.
please help me out with this.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello workdekho,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I am trying to use post indexer and global search it is not working.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what is happening: are you getting any errors? what are the symptoms? Let me know please and it would also be appreciated if you would grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look. Here's a guide on how to enable support access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Are you trying to use User Sync on Multisite WordPress install? User Sync is not compatible with Multisite and won't let you sync users between Multisite sub-sites. It can only work with separate regular (single) WordPress installs.

If it's not a Multisite but two separate single installs then please start with making sure that no firewall (e.g. Wordfence, iThemes plugins or firewall on server) is blocking the calls - you might deactivate it temporarily to see if that helps. The same applies to caching plugins so if there are any please clear and disable caches and see if that makes User Sync work or not.

Let me know please and we'll then examine that further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• workdekho

user sync was working before in multisite network but when i am trying to add a subsite . it is saying problem in connection check key and url . and also the master site uninstall option is not working . i am not able to uninstall the options . i have already granted access but no one is logged in yet .

plaese kindly help me as soon as possiblem its urgent .

global site search and post indexer is not searching any post .

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello workdekho!

user sync was working before in multisite network but when i am trying to add a subsite .

"User Sync" plugin is not and never was meant to be used with Multisite. There's no compatibility implemented. It might have worked on some sites but that'd be sort of a "fortunate side effect" rather than expected behavior. It was created for single WP installs and that is how it should be used.

That being said, if the plugin reports connection issues, I'd suggest temporarily switching off any caching plugins on the site and making sure that no security plugins (especially firewall tools) are blocking access to both "sides" - master and sub-sites. Switching them off to check if that's a problem may be a good idea too. If you got Defender installed, it may be a good idea too to switch off "Prevent PHP execution" feature and see if that helps. Please note however that the plugin is not expected to work on Multisite so that may help but I'm not able to promise you that.

global site search and post indexer is not searching any post .

I accessed and checked your site and the Global Site Search doesn't return any results because no content has been indexed by Post Indexer plugin. That would be the culprit but we'll now need to find out why it's not picking up posts. I checked sub-sites' settings and these are fine so let's see if debugging will reveal the problem.

Please add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('PI_CRON_DEBUG', true);

Make sure please that these lines are located above the "/* That's all, stop editing...*/" line. Once they are there please follow these steps:

1. Login to your site as a super-admin
    2. Go to "Network Admin -> Settings -> Post Indexer -> Rebuild Index" page
    3. Click on "Rebuild Index" button
    4. Wait two-three hours so Post Indexer had a chance to complete some passes
    5. Access the site via FTP and download the "debug.log" file from "/wp-content" folder
    6. Rename file to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here.

Make also sure please that support access is still active (it's time valid) so I could access the site again after I check the debug log file. Hopefully this will show why Post Indexer is not indexing content of your network.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello workdekhko!

There's a couple of plugins that could help you with "single sign on". This one looks very promising to me:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/auth0/

This one might be even better, depending on your needs, as it helps you turn your WP site in to OAuth Server and single sign on using your site as provider:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/oauth2-provider/

Take a look at them, I think one of them should help. However, if you have any further questions on that please start a separate ticket. We always ask Members to keep separate issues in separate threads as this way we can better track information and provide you with better help and it also helps other members to find answers to their question.

Since this thread has originally started with questions about Post Indexer and Global Search, let's please stick to that issue only here. If you still need assistance with that, please follow the steps from my previous post (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/issues-with-post-indexer-global-search#post-1224775) and let me know about results.

Kind regards,
    Adam