Issues with Pro Sites registration and pricing table styles

Experiencing different issues with WordPress Multisite and Pro Sites
- When Site Categories is enabled is not possible to create a site because it asks to select at least one category even when it's selected.
- After disabling site categories, I did a quick test to signup for a subsite, the user was created correctly on the main site but didn't receive the email confirmation to activate the subsite.
- Is it possible to have a better compatibility between themes and the pricing table from pro sites so it looks better out of the box, needed a lot of custom CSS to fix some sections of the pricing table.
- Accidentally, I subscribed the main site of the network for a Pro Sites plan, is it possible to rever this action? right now the subscription is expired but I am not able to see the themes on the main site, just the one that is currently active.

Site domain is https://imsitepros.com and staff access is enabled.

Thanks in advance!

• James Morris

Hello Tyson Buck,

I hope you are well today.

- When Site Categories is enabled is not possible to create a site because it asks to select at least one category even when it's selected.

This is a known bug that has a patch that is currently in QA testing. If you would like, I can speak with the Devs and see if I can provide a pre-release patch file for you. But, please keep in mind, being pre-release, there may be some kinks in this patch that still need sorted out.

- After disabling site categories, I did a quick test to signup for a subsite, the user was created correctly on the main site but didn't receive the email confirmation to activate the subsite.

I've reviewed your settings and everything seems to look good. Have you tried checking your server logs or WP_DEBUG logs to see if there are any errors upon site creation?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've created a new account, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then save the file as a .txt file and upload it here as an attachment to your post.

- Is it possible to have a better compatibility between themes and the pricing table from pro sites so it looks better out of the box, needed a lot of custom CSS to fix some sections of the pricing table.

This is something that has been requested by other members and is being taken into consideration for future versions of the plugin. Unfortunately, it's impossible to guarantee compatibility with every theme, but your point about making it easier to style is well taken.

- Accidentally, I subscribed the main site of the network for a Pro Sites plan, is it possible to rever this action? right now the subscription is expired but I am not able to see the themes on the main site, just the one that is currently active.

I checked your site and this seems to have been resolved. For future reference, all you need to do is go to Network Admin -> Sites -> Click manage next to the site in question -> Select Remove Pro status from this site. -> Click Modify. This will remove the Pro Sites association.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the above tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Tyson Buck,

I'm afraid I was not able to replicate the issues you are having with email notifications on my test install.

After carefully reviewing your site, I'm seeing that you have Remove Email Verification installed and enabled. This plugin will eliminate any email notifications of new blog creation on your network. Also, I'm seeing that you have reCaptcha enabled on the Pro Sites sign-up page and this seems to be causing some issues as well.

Can you please try disabling these two plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

James Morris