Issues with Studio profile Page

Hello I was hoping to get some help from the Studio theme. I was wondering how to make it so that when you log-in to an account instead of taking you to your activity feed, it takes you to your “group” activity feed.

So for example – this would show as default when one visits tehir profile page: http://snipcrunch.com/users/auto1paybodyshop/activity/groups/

I was also wondering how to delete the items “Groups” and “forums” from the main nav

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings snpcrunch :slight_smile:

how to make it so that when you log-in to an account instead of taking you to your activity feed, it takes you to your “group” activity feed

I suggest using the Login Redirect plugin to accomplish this mission.

I was also wondering how to delete the items “Groups” and “forums” from the main nav

are you using Buddy Press with this theme or is it standalone?

Joe :slight_smile:

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

The groups and forums links will only show if BuddyPress is being used so I would lean towards saying you are using those perhaps @snpcrunch? If you aren’t using BuddyPress and they show we need to take a bit of a closer look so if you can confirm that please.

That being the case you would have to edit the navigation files which can be done using the child theme. First up though is it that you do not want to have groups / forums or that you just don’t want them clickable in the navigation? You can deactivate different parts of BuddyPress.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

BuddyPress doesn’t come with a built in redirect that’s a plugin that is being suggested I think. However lets get back to the first issue being editing the navigation for you.

You will need to edit the navigation file and also make sure you do this in the child theme (keeping the file structure used in the parent).

So.. copy: library/components/buddypress/buddypress-navigation.php and edit out those lines.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings snpcrunch,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.