Issues with Styling of Q&A and a few other things

I have some display issues with this plugin. i just downloaded the update but that did not fix it.

In firefox, it looks almost ok, but the right side of the box is cut off… I played around with the various settings…and nothing seems to change. theme is 990 pixels wide. Mingle theme.

In Chrome the submit button is at the top.. the category selection is also not styled.

Also can the search button be the same as the theme button? looks off. see screen shots.

Also, I do not see an option for a user to be notified via email (like in your QA tool I am using). I do not see that as an option anywhere.

Is there a way to add images like your tool, or is the user just supposed to use the wp add media?

Finally, once I submit a question, the Your Answer shows below it. Should it work like that?

thanks

• kriscone
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

One more thing. In the buddypress user page, it has Q&A tab, but when you go there if no questions have been asked, it is blank…..it seems that at a minimum, it should say something like:

You have no questions. Why not Ask a Question…. or something?

• kriscone

One other thing….if no topics have been added by a user, when you go to the Q&A tab in buddypress, nothing shows….just a blank page. Is there a way to at least update the plugin so it says something like:

No questions yet. Do you have a question? Go ahead and ask!

and that takes them to the question page….

http://homediary.com/questions/

Still have issues with the formatting…when you get a chance.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Sorry about the delay, this weekend has been hectic as you’ve probably seen from the forums.

Can you please disable the bwp-minify plugin temporary It prevents me from editing the css direct in chrome developer tools so I can see what’s going on where.

Or you can play with the CSS here:

/wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/css/general.css

Just look for items relating to MCE

One other thing….if no topics have been added by a user, when you go to the Q&A tab in buddypress, nothing shows….just a blank page. Is there a way to at least update the plugin so it says something like:

No questions yet. Do you have a question? Go ahead and ask!

When you say blank page, do you see the theme or is there nothing there at all?

If there isn’t anything there at all and it’s all blank then can you please check your servers error logs and let me know what’s output there please.

Thanks.

• kriscone

I disabled the minify…

on the blank page, it does show a bar and the buddypress tabs….nothing shows below that…so it is just a blank area…so that is why it would be good to at least have something that says No Questions. Do you want to ask one? or remove the tab until a question has been asked.

Also, the screens hot of how it looks in my account is attached. you can see no styling. I have another test account of the user asking the question and it shows the styling like in screen shot 2….same question, 2 different accounts in the same site, and they look different…

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

So I was looking at this further, how did you customise the editor to get all those icons going on within the TinyMCE bar?

Because that’s the major issue pushing the bar out.

From the Q&A Settings you could just disable the Tiny editor, that would be the quickest way here to make the editor smaller.

It would mean they don’t get all the formatting stuff though, it would just be a text box area.

You can also toggle the width from the settings area for the Q&A section. But I think you’ll still have issues with all those buttons enabled because as you try to downsize the editor they all get cramped in there.

Admin –> Q&A –> Settings

Go there to alter the settings as I mentioned.

For adding some default text when there are no Q&As in BuddyPress, could you please open a feature request for that, then give me a link here. I’ll ping the developer to get that added as it would make perfect sense to include.

For the formatting issue on the profile in BuddyPress, can you quickly try in the default theme, I ask because it seems ok with my install.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.