Issues with the basics

I do not mean to be a pain, but I am shocked at how horrifically written the product description is.

It opens with "Note sure what WHMCS is?".

Later it states:
Your whole WHMCS Portal from WordPress:
But there is no image.

Nowehere in the description does it mention anything about being able to place orders, but within the support tickets, I can see that you can.

Does anyone have a full list of all the features? Does anyone know exactly what this plugin does?

The description also neglects to mention that the portal theme is needed. Will this work with an edited version of portal?

• PC

Greetings BusinessOnlinePh,

Thanks for posting on the forums and pointing out the TYPO. It has been corrected.

Your whole WHMCS Portal from WordPress, But there is no image.

That would be corrected soon too !

Nowehere in the description does it mention anything about being able to place orders, but within the support tickets, I can see that you can.

Does anyone have a full list of all the features? Does anyone know exactly what this plugin does?

The description also neglects to mention that the portal theme is needed. Will this work with an edited version of portal?

I am currently reviewing the above and will get back to you soon.

Cheers
    PC

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello. I see that it loads whmcs locations by using their address within the address of the site that is using the plugin. I assume that I can create links to be rendered within the site such as a purchase link?

WHMCS is awesome, but has one MASSIVE downfall. The themes are horrible and it is expensive to have one designed that matches your main site. This plugin looks like it may resolve this issue.

I know you have changed your site recently and there are a tonne of issues with descriptions. Some have no sidebar and have words like IF slammed to the top right. It happens. Thanks for giving me credit, I did not mention it to get credit. Thanks again

• BusinessOnlinePh

I answered my own question by playing with the plugin. This really is a hell of a plugin. I have wanted something like this ever since I started using WHMCS. It is freaking awesome. I could so hug you for the amount of time you have saved us and the increase in earnings we will get due to our site looking the same when ordering as when the customer reads the description on our wordpress website.

Thank you so much. This plugin is simply FANTASTIC!!!!!

• BusinessOnlinePh

Ah, I have found a few issues which I will list below.

1) When ordering, the [remove] option next to each item fails and does absolutely nothing.

2) "empty cart" and "continue shopping" buttons do nothing.

3) The "new customer" and "existing customer" tabs do not work and I can not login as an existing customer as clicking on the tab does nothing.

4) The Customize order takes me to a page where there is nothing to do.

Everything else seems to work ok, but due to the above issues, I have not completed a full test of the order process.

Also, please note that when I edit a support post on your site, it takes me to a page where all of the css is entirely broken.

Many thanks

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

The requirement of the WHMCS template is due to how WHMCS do their API.

We are looking to support all of their templates as well

Later it states:
    Your whole WHMCS Portal from WordPress:
    But there is no image

I think this must have been missed in the update, I've included a new image now.

Hello. I see that it loads whmcs locations by using their address within the address of the site that is using the plugin. I assume that I can create links to be rendered within the site such as a purchase link?

There is no a URL Encode option in the admin of the plugin:

Admin --> WHMCS Integration

You can enter WHMCS urls there which you wish to link to and that will generate url which will work.

1) When ordering, the [remove] option next to each item fails and does absolutely nothing.

I see this on our demo site and will report that to our developer of this plugin.

These ones did work in our sandbox though, so not sure what might be causing that one for you.

Which theme and plugins are you running?

3) The "new customer" and "existing customer" tabs do not work and I can not login as an existing customer as clicking on the tab does nothing.

Can you please show me a screenshot to ensure I didn't miss what you refer to. I tested it on checkout and it seemed ok for me?

I see this as well and will let Arnold know.

Also, please note that when I edit a support post on your site, it takes me to a page where all of the css is entirely broken.

Our developer is aware of this, thanks!

Take care.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Good god, on other sites you have to threaten legal action to get someone to answer your ticket, here I am swamped with replies. I like it!

@PC Not a problem. I just added a reply as I thought someone may have missed it.

@Arnold If you keep this plugin up to date, you will dominate the market. There have been other plugins that claimed to do the same as this one, but they all stopped being developed and I never managed to get any of them to work at all. The one issue WHMCS has always had is the way it works on the front end. Your plugin solves this and looks great.
    I will test the beta immediately and let you know.

@Timothy I had mentioned the issue with editing a post in another post, but didnt know if you had actioned it. Just wanted to ensure you knew in case it had been missed.

I will report back as soon as I have tested the plugin.

• Timothy Bowers

We do try and stay on top of things. Occasionally it takes time and we all make mistakes but we always try to fix our issues and improve the way we work.

Of course when we have high loads it can take a little longer.

@Timothy I had mentioned the issue with editing a post in another post, but didnt know if you had actioned it. Just wanted to ensure you knew in case it had been missed.

Its great we have members watching our backs, so please if you see issues it doesn't matter if its been posted before it helps us by ensuring nothing is missed.

Take care.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello, I will list the issues below as they were previously posted and add my comments below each one based on the tests that I have just conducted.

When I click on [remove] it now takes me to the top of the page and still does not remove the item. Is it removing it on your installation?

"empty cart" still does nothing. "continue shopping" takes me to the correct menu.

These tabs still do nothing at all.

"edit configuration" still takes me to a page where I can not do anything.

Can you tell me the details of the wordpress install you are testing on such as the wordpress version etc? I am going to update to 3.4 as I am using the previous version, update my theme as a 3.4 release has been made and retest this plugin, but I assume the results will be the same.

• BusinessOnlinePh

@Timothy I have to say, I thought this site would be crap. Every theme and plugin provider I have dealt with has been pretty much useless. Only a few small companies provided half decent support. I too provide WordPress plugins and we know how valuable it is to ensure that customers get a reply fast. Many other companies seem to think that a week is fine for a reply. Don't worry about missing this ticket, I answered my own question anyway

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello Arnold. I just noticed that it had changed the address from https to http. The address that I entered into the plugin is https://businesswebsitedev.com/clients/
    Everything else seems to be working correctly, it just seems to be the order process that causes the problem.
    I am using a copy of portal which I edited. Just changing some links for areas of whmcs.

This is the link that I have created with the plugin so that I can place an order for a specific item. http://www.couponcodeplugin.com/my-account/?whmcsportalpage=whmcss%3A%2F%2Fbusinesswebsitedev.com%2Fclients%2Fcart.php%3Fa%3Dadd%26pid%3D1

I notice that when I click on [remove] it just adds a # on the end of the link. I have updated and everything seems to be the same.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Sorry to be a pain, but I have found some other issues as I have continued testing.

5) When logging in, if you do not enter the correct username / password, it takes you to whmcs to display the error. This naturally will confuse customers as they suddenly end up on a different site.

6) All titles seem to use H1 which is bad for SEO and will produce recommendations from google and bing webmaster. This includes the titles for each shortcode as well as every title used within the short code. I counted 5 H1 headers excluding the header of the page.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Thank you. I was just checking in for an update.

I have been moving some items around. If arnold would like me to provide access to the site, that can be arranged, I just need to know how to send it to him.

Also, I would like to know if the issues that I have raised are also happening on his installation. If they are not, what are the stats for his install so that I can see where mine differs.

Thank you

• Arnold

The problem resides in the fancier OrderForms that use a lot of ajax. For example your Edit configuration problem. They do posts back to the server. For simple scripts that are written in the page I can read and redirect them. For the more complex scripts that are loaded by linking the post backs are relative urls and expect to come from the WHMCS site as the base address. It has no clue about the redirection being done and I can't edit the linked to files with a plugin.

I'm trying to figure out a way to tackle this sort of thing but there are a lot of complications like cross scripting issues.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello Arnold.

Linked to files? You mean if the customer needs to download a file such as the file assigned to the product they purchased? Forget it, I would rather the users went to whmcs to do this, but it would be lovely if it could be done within the plugin.

Ajax on order forms. I dont really care to be honest. Can you suggest an order form template to use that would work? Then I can alter it within whmcs and test it again.

I will list all of the issues below so that we can easily work through them.

When I click on [remove] it now takes me to the top of the page and still does not remove the item. Is it removing it on your installation?

"empty cart" still does nothing. "continue shopping" takes me to the correct menu.

These tabs still do nothing at all.

5) When logging in, if you do not enter the correct username / password, it takes you to whmcs to display the error. This naturally will confuse customers as they suddenly end up on a different site.

6) All titles seem to use H1 which is bad for SEO and will produce recommendations from google and bing webmaster. This includes the titles for each shortcode as well as every title used within the short code. I counted 5 H1 headers excluding the header of the page.

I am not sure which issues your reply relates to or if it relates to all. Please can you number your replies so that I know which issue you are referring to?

Also: "Also, I would like to know if the issues that I have raised are also happening on his installation. If they are not, what are the stats for his install so that I can see where mine differs."

Many thanks

• Arnold

No linked as in the javascript is loaded with a

<link href="some.js" />

Doesn't give much oportunity to change the script.

In my testing the following worked from your site in IE an FireFox.

1,2 Work on your site from here.

3. I can't even find these tags to test.

4. This is the linked javascript problem.

5. Login apparently doesn't even go through the plugin. Looking at the source of that page there is no <!--Begin WHMCS Account--> markers we put around the code we generate.for that page and the form action hasn't been redirected.

Also did you set a default content page? The return from a login is displayed in a [wcp_content] shortcode and if there isn't one on the page and you haven't set a default it won't know where to go.

6. On <h1> tags, we just pass on what WHMCS generates.

Also try a html validation on your pages. If they are too far off it may not be parsable.

• BusinessOnlinePh

I see that this may be a pain as it is on a live site, so let's stick it on a test site so that NO OTHER plugins are active and we are using the default Twenty Eleven theme. Everything is fully updated, wordpress is using 3.4 and the Twenty Eleven theme is the latest available from wordpress. I have deleted all pages except the order page on this test site.

I will report back with the results and we can then go from there as we will need to figure out what the issue is.

• BusinessOnlinePh

This is working on our test site. How can we figure out what is stopping this from working? If this works for you on our main site, it could be an issue with firefox and some other items within the site. However, if it working for you, it should really be working for me too.

2) This is now working. As with the above issue, if it is working on our main site for you, it should surely work for us too.

3) This is now working on our test site. I am not sure at all how you did not see this on our main site as it is an integral part of the order process. As with the above issues, we need to find out why it is failing on our main site.

This is still an issue. Screenshot attached. What do you mean when you say "This is the linked javascript problem."? Surely if this is a problem, it should be addressed and fixed as we can not have it in the present state on a live site. We would have to explain to customers that it was broken due to some javascript issue and it would make us look like fools. The plugin needs to be working in a manner that will not show it in a negative light as it currently does.

This too is now working, so we need to see what we can do to find the cause for it not working on our live site.

This is now working. Only headers are showing in h1, the sub headers are now showing as h2

So, essentially, we need to know how we can test our live site to see what is causing the issues we have reported. I guess the easiest way would be to clone it so that we can play around with a demo instead of the real site. I will work on this now. However, we do need to know what is going to be done about issue #4 as we can not possibly go live with such a critical issue in this plugin.

• Arnold

I'm seeing something different than you are and would love to figure out why. I got the information by clicking the URL you gave above as an example. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing when I go to.

http://www.couponcodeplugin.com/my-account/?whmcsportalpage=whmcss%3A%2F%2Fbusinesswebsitedev.com%2Fclients%2Fcart.php%3Fa%3Dadd%26pid%3D1

I may have a clue though. I note some javascript referencing CloudFlare. Cloudflare does a lot of filtering, partially to protected against malware and partially to speed up things. It may be what's stripping out our tags. Something is surely removing new line characters because the source looks like one big run on script.

So I tried running integration from my local server pointed at your WHMCS server. Most everything worked except the edit configuration which is the linked javascript problem. I even see the new and existing customer tabs and they work. I see all the tags I expect and the code still has it's new lines and is what I expect.

On Edit configuration. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing on my local machine. Everything is working except the Order summary box on the right. I know what's happening there but I don't have a quick or easy fix for that portion.

But it's become obvious that we are seeing two differnt things which is why we're talking at cross purposes.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello Arnold, as I mentioned in my last reply, I have added the plugin to a test site which does not use cloudflare and has no other plugins active. After testing, almost everything worked and the only issue was the Configuration issue that we had mentioned.

I think that it is safe to surmise that the live site has something that is either altering the code or interfering with the plugin in some way. If we can get the Configuration issue (issue #4) then we can troubleshoot the remaining issues as we will port over a copy of the site to an area that is not live so we can play with it and isolate the issues that are causing this. For now, we will use our test site so that we can rule everything else out and focus on getting the plugin working to the point that it can go live. Naturally there is no point doing this on the live site if the configuration issue can not be resolved.

Many thanks

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello, I will attach two screenshots. One shows our test site where no other plugins are active and we are using the default theme, yet the problem still exists. The next one is of our live site where again the problem exists.

Have you tested your plugin with any browsers except your own ie 9.0?

I notice on your screenshot, you are getting errors because you are missing files.

• Arnold

Yes I've tested in all kinds of browsers. I have a question about what you expect to see on the configuration screen.

If I go directly to your WHMCS site at

https://businesswebsitedev.com/clients/cart.php

and add the Couponcode plugin product to the cart, then click the edit configruration link I get the attached image. This is Firefox so you can't blame IE. The only thing that the plugin does differently on this page is it can't display the Order Summary box on the right. Everything else works. I know why the box doesn't work which I explained before about changing scripts that are files on your machine. I don't have a good way to do that.

But your complaint has been

"The Customize order takes me to a page where there is nothing to do. "edit configuration" still takes me to a page where I can not do anything.

I don;t see anything to do there either and this is without the plugin. It's direct to the WHMCS install.

Other products like Scissors do have things to do and they do display through the plugin which I previously sent you a picture of.

So other than the summary box, what do you expect on the Coupon page?

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello, I expect it to show the order instead of a blank box. If I were placing an order and got to this page, I would assume that something had gone wrong as the page just looks broken.
    Even when there are configurations that can be added, the order summary is blank and looks broken. When someone is ordering, they would expect the order summary to be a summary of their order.
    Maybe we can have the customise order link removed from whmcs so that it does not display, providing the add-ons can still be added during the order process. I will contact whmcs about this, but I genuinely think this should have been resolved prior to launch.
    The only response I can find from you about this js issue is "No linked as in the javascript is loaded with a

<link href="some.js" />

Doesn't give much oportunity to change the script."

And to be honest, I really do not understand it, but I will pass that over to WHMCS as they know the system better than I do and they may know what you are referring to.

I meant no disrespect by asking you if you had tested with other browsers. I could only see you entering my site using ie 9.0 and you had said that everything seemed to work on our live site, but when I tested using firefox, it did not work.

• Arnold

Just want to make sure we're talking about the same things.

Not much WHMCS can do because they won't know anything about what your WP site is trying to do. What is needed is to fully qualify and redirect all the jQuery.post() commands in their javascript. They are not going to do that. There's a couple of things they could do for consistence sake, like not mixing $ and jQuery in their javascript. To work in WP it needs to be in "no conflict" mode.

I think I've worked out a way to modify the js on the fly as it were. Give the attached beta a try.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Well the only issue is that configuration screen, so the easiest solution would be to not have that link, thus avoiding the issue.

I will upload the new beta and test it.
    Does your plugin use the .tpl files for the order templates? If so, I can simply edit the relevant .tpl file to remove the link that causes the problem, providing I can display the addons elsewhere.

Thank you very much for your help. I will report back once I have tested the new beta.

• BusinessOnlinePh

Hello, I have just tested it. The order does not display at first and then fades in. This is an excellent fix. I will see if there is anything I can get from WHMCS about this which may help you add a solid solution for future users as this is an awesome plugin.

I am now going to install it on our live site, the one we initially had problems with, and then run tests to see why it is not working. My initial assumption would be that the caching is causing some issues with css and/or scripts. I will report my findings so that it may be helpful to other users.

I just need an answer to the question about the .tpl file and everything should be resolved.

Many thanks.