Issues with Woocommerece Subcategory of Subcategories

Here's an odd one.
I have a client that has a ton of categories and subcategories and subcategories of subcategories. So many look like this
-Category
--Subcategory
---Subcategory
Well yesterday I was adding a bunch of them and all of a sudden when I tried to add another subcategory of a subcategory it would display as a parent category, even though it would say it's a subcategory.
Different areas of WordPress display it as a parent category while others display it as a subcategory. For example if I go into Menus and open up Product Categories it's nowhere to be found but if I go into a product to edit it then it's displayed correctly. I'm really stumped on this one. I tried switching to an official WooTheme as well and still no luck.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello coreyallen,

Did you try to disable all other plugins to exclude the plugin conflict? Also - can you check your server resources - capacity of hosting, database?
    Please, enable also debug mode to see if there are some errors. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

'define('WP_DEBUG', true);'

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

'define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );'

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

'define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );'

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.