WP Hummingbird speeds up site but cause other trouble

It took me few hours t find out that WP Hummingbird is the reason why my site won't work propertly.

Well, it makes site faster, apart of that it just removes my site logo (it's usually on header), makes sticky sidebar not sticky and external images won't show up.

Mybe you can fix this plugin?

• Dimitris

Hello Andri,

hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Most all these misbehaviours comes from the Minification part of Hummingbird. As it is stated in HB plugin page (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/#usage):
    "While WP Hummingbird is compatible with most WordPress installations, themes or plugins coded outside WordPress standards may see broken elements with Javascript minified. If something breaks, don’t stress. Revert your site to it’s original state at anytime using the clear button in the header on the WP Hummingbird dashboard page."

Having said that, I'd more than happy to assist you select the correct settings in HB Minification, in order to have a fully functional site and as minified as possible. :slight_smile:
    If this is a production site, please consider creating a staging environment (if possible) for testing purposes. If not, we can start from your main site. Simply activate the HB plugin, grant us with support access and let us know here in this post. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andri!

I accessed your site and found out that the sticky header was disabled in theme options ("Theme Options -> Header" page in dashboard). I enabled it back, then enabled Hummingbird minification and disabled "minify" and "combine" options for theme's JS and CSS files and for site's jQuery library.

The site seems to be working fine now: I can see images, logo is in header and a sticky header shows up. The sticky header however is hidden below the red(ish) "top bar" that also stick to the top edge of the browser. I'm not sure where does it come from and if it's necessary but you may need to modify sticky header settings in Theme Options and maybe add some custom CSS to "uncover" it but please first check the site and let me know if it's working for you (or if I missed something) and also if it does indeed require any adjustments in your opinion.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andri!

Thanks for your replay. I didn't know what the message on "top bar" is - the one that turned out to be "adblock message".

I don't use any ad blocking software on my workstation and I'm seeing it as well but now I know where it's coming from and it's again related to minification. Adjusting minification settings for
    "deAdBlocker" plugin fixed it and it should be working fine now.

Having that said, I suggest we continue with this trying to solve remaining issues one by one. Please clear your browser's cache and check the site again.

When you scroll the page up and down you should now see the sticky header there but I'm not sure whether this is the one you were referring to. If not, please make a screenshot of your page and mark the header that should be sticky there and describe also how should it behave (should be sticked to the top of the screen all the time or should appear/disappear under some conditions etc).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.