It is impossible to delete a menu on Parrot Upfront theme

Before you guys have released Upfront Builder plugin I was using Parrot theme to build new themes from scratch. But now I see that when I try to delete a menu on appearance it just creates a new one again. That is happening on esites.pro. The access is already granted and you guys can delete Parrot Footer menu 1, 2,3 or 4 for testing that up. Thank you!

• Nastia

Hello diegpl

I hope all is well!

Please clarify, you've mentioned in the original post that the Parrot theme was used to build new themes from scratch, so are the menus were created using Upfront Builder?

If you created the menus with Upfront Editor, then I can't replicate the same on my site and on your site too, the menus are deleted. Would you please try again, and let me know how it goes?

I've also got a feedback from the developer that the menus created with Upfront Builder can't be deleted intentionally.

I'm quoting our Upfront developer Vlad bellow:

The menus created with builder can't be removed outside builder, they will be just re-created on the target site every time. This is very much needed, because otherwise, users could end up with serious problems with their layouts in certain scenarios (e.g. theme resets).

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• diegpl

Please clarify, you've mentioned in the original post that the Parrot theme was used to build new themes from scratch, so are the menus were created using Upfront Builder?

I actually meant that I was using Parrot theme to create new websites, not from scratch, from Parrot theme actually.

So, should I just recreate every website I did on this way through the Upfront Builder on a fresh new Upfront Builder theme? Thank you.

• Nastia

Hello there diegpl

So, should I just recreate every website I did on this way through the Upfront Builder on a fresh new Upfront Builder theme?

Yes, in a new theme created with Upfront Builder, the menus that were created there can be deleted.

If you wish to keep a Parrot's site styling you can copy the theme's CSS code from Appearance > Global Theme CSS and from the elements' presets.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• diegpl

Actually, before to close this thread, look at this example please. Imagine a customer for whom I made his site from Fixer theme, and every new single page he would see links and menus he does not want on his site. Basically wpmudev stuff is saying that we can not use your theme, they are basically to be edited as child themes, and every single customer should have his own folder. That is not smart about save server resources and is kinda picky to be obligated to act this way.
    Can you imagine on every new single page the customer sees a menu he does not want and the theme will always ask him about some images to be imported or not. And there is a bug if you try to edit these global regions. They will be inserted inside of another and make a mess. Look at this video showing how every single page comes, and there is no way to change that. The only way by what you guys told me is to have a theme folder for every single customer. We basically can`t actually use your themes or the ones we build on Upfront Builder in a real dynamic way: https://youtu.be/DQA4RqwVo3c
    Thats the same about menus.
    Thank you!

• Nastia

Hello diegpl

And there is a bug if you try to edit these global regions. They will be inserted inside of another and make a mess.

I've tested this on my site and can't replicate it. Information within a global region was changed in theme created with Upfront Builder.

Also, I see you've already created a ticket about this, please follow up with Dimitri's latest reply:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/why-every-new-parrot-theme-page-comes-with-a-default-footer#post-1217688

Basically wpmudev stuff is saying that we can not use your theme, they are basically to be edited as child themes, and every single customer should have his own folder.

You can use our themes and edit the templates with Upfront Builder, in that case instead of creating new menus, you can edit the existent ones.

Also, you can delete these menus from the database. Open phpMyAdmin, locate the wp_terms table and delete the Upfront's menus. Please see the attached screenshot:

As for the Import Images popup, once images are imported, the popup shouldn't show up again. And if any images that are still in a theme's layout and not imported to your site, the popup will be showing up till they are imported or removed from a layout.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Nastia