It is possible to have limitations for pro sites?

Hey, it is possible to have limitations for pro sites: one user = one pro sites / not more only 1 site /. Its possible?

thank you

• Sajid

Hi @Peter

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We don't have this option in Pro Sites at the moment here is why its not supported and a workaround.

However you can restrict their use of sites using the Pay to Blog module (Allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid). You can activate it via Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways in the network admin dashboard.

The Pro sites plugin was originally developed for Edublogs.org. The reason why we don't restrict the number of blogs created in our situation is the more blogs our users create, the more likely they are to sign up for multiple Pro subscriptions. We try to make sure that our users have enough features on a free blog that they sign up for our service while having considerably more on a Pro blog so they upgrade.

I wrote a tiny plugin to restrict number of blogs a user can create but its for Membership 2 plugin. If you wish then here is the thread link with plugin and instructions on how to use.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership2-upgrade-lost-previous-plugin-feature?replies=14#post-960656

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Peter

Thanks for responding,
    I have a questions:
    1) In general settings for Pro sites it is an option: Allow multiple blogs. There is a solution to the limitations of more blogs. Right?
    2) If I wanted to use your plugin for membership to the limitations of blogging, how to solve it with different users /Pro sites is on the network and members pro is on the subdomain/? There are different users. How to integrate Pro sites for a membership pro2?

thank you

• Nastia

Hello @Peter, I hope you are well today!

1) In general settings for Pro sites it is an option: Allow multiple blogs. There is a solution to the limitations of more blogs. Right?

These specific settings, allowing a user to create multiple blogs, don't have limitations. If you wish to set up limitations, that would require custom development.

2) If I wanted to use your plugin for membership to the limitations of blogging, how to solve it with different users /Pro sites is on the network and members pro is on the subdomain/? There are different users. How to integrate Pro sites for a membership pro2?

At this time, integration between Pro Sites and Membership 2 Pro is not possible. That would require a lot of custom coding and is beyond the scope of support we can provide in these forums.

It’s doable, so if you are not comfortable with PHP then please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs & Pros section on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia